RSX Type S

nails

Advanced Member
I have just had pictures of my potential car from the importer. It is badged up as an Acura RSX Type S, the importer insists it is a genuine Type R, which is fine, however, I really don't want it, I want a proper Honda Integra Type R DC5 with the right badges. Am I being too fussy? I know I could change the badges, but I don't want to.

Why would anyone badge their car up as a Type S when it is a Type R? It makes no sense. :?

Reggie91

Advanced Member
Any pictures? I don't see why someone would rebadge it

And as Chris said... If its not the right car then keep looking. Seems a bit dodgey to me

nails

Advanced Member
Chris. said:
Who is importing it?

If you don't want the car then find another one to import surely?
Torque GT.

Yeah I have asked Darren to find me a different one as I don't want it.

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
I'll swap you my wings if they give more width than OEM, you can change wheels in 20 minutes and there's plenty for sale! Hell, buy my Rota Fighter 17*8 ET 48 with Federal RS-R if you want.

p1tse

Advanced Member
Looks like someone has just put different badges on

One linked above looks good and you'll be able to swap out items pretty easy, but appreciate having you wanting a more oem one from the start.

Good luck.

nails

Advanced Member
Chris. said:
I'll swap you my wings if they give more width than OEM, you can change wheels in 20 minutes and there's plenty for sale! Hell, buy my Rota Fighter 17*8 ET 48 with Federal RS-R if you want.
Thanks for the offer, but I really had my heart set on a fresh import.

p1tse

Advanced Member
Out of interest how much is/ was the fresh import above, mileage and grade?

nails

Advanced Member
Patch_teg said:
Out of interest how much is/ was the fresh import above, mileage and grade?
Grade 4B, 63k miles, £9800.

Chris. said:
Not a dig at you but I really don't understand the fascination with fresh imports.
For me, it is rust. The minute it gets in the country I want it under-sealed and I want the bumpers, sills and arches protected from the inside. Most probably just had a basic underseal done when first imported and rust would have already set in by now as a result, even if not visible on the outside yet. I just want to give it the best possible chance of being rust free as I plan on keeping the DC5 for many many years.

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
nails said:
Grade 4B, 63k miles, £9800.

For me, it is rust. The minute it gets in the country I want it under-sealed and I want the bumpers, sills and arches protected from the inside. Most probably just had a basic underseal done when first imported and rust would have already set in by now as a result, even if not visible on the outside yet. I just want to give it the best possible chance of being rust free as I plan on keeping the DC5 for many many years.
Find yourself the right UK example which has had corrective maintenance done and pocket yourself several grand if the price you put there is anything to go by.

Each to their own etc but I know what I would rather do (and have done).

nails

Advanced Member
Chris. said:
Find yourself the right UK example which has had corrective maintenance done and pocket yourself several grand if the price you put there is anything to go by.

Each to their own etc but I know what I would rather do (and have done).
If one turns up that I want, then I will certainly consider it. As it stands there is not one for sale in the whole country that I want :xgrin:

I am very fussy.

DC5Noob

Advanced Member
Chris. said:
Not a dig at you but I really don't understand the fascination with fresh imports.
👍

Op, what is it EXACTLY that your looking for out of interest? Totally standard and rust free?

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
nails said:
If one turns up that I want, then I will certainly consider it. As it stands there is not one for sale in the whole country that I want :xgrin:

I am very fussy.
I hope this doesn't come across as me being obtuse, because it's not, but are you going to get a car from Japan fully inspected for rust? Because they aren't magically impervious to it, I know of a few imported cars that have been stripped down on arrival and have worse rust on than UK cars due to being near the sea and what not.

I understand you are fussy, but you shouldn't discount a UK car on the fallacy that a Japanese import will be perfect.

nails

Advanced Member
DC5Noob said:
Op, what is it EXACTLY that your looking for out of interest? Totally standard and rust free?
Doesn't have to be standard, but no aftermarket body kits, wings, side skirts, lips etc.

Standard wheels in the standard colour.

Lowering, exhaust, intake are fine, as they are things I would eventually look to do anyway.

Championship White.

C Pack.

Red interior (may compromise on this if everything else matches)

Less than 80k miles.

No rust.

Chris. said:
I hope this doesn't come across as me being obtuse, because it's not, but are you going to get a car from Japan fully inspected for rust? Because they aren't magically impervious to it, I know of a few imported cars that have been stripped down on arrival and have worse rust on than UK cars due to being near the sea and what not.

I understand you are fussy, but you shouldn't discount a UK car on the fallacy that a Japanese import will be perfect.
I am not expecting it to be perfect, but I want to try and get the best car I possibly can, and I believe buying a fresh import gives me the best chance of achieving that. I would thoroughly check any car for rust, and if I found any, I would reject it, simple as that. Torque GT allow you to do that which is one of the reasons I chose them. If I am not happy when viewing in person, I get my money back.

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
nails said:
I am not expecting it to be perfect, but I want to try and get the best car I possibly can, and I believe buying a fresh import gives me the best chance of achieving that. I would thoroughly check any car for rust, and if I found any, I would reject it, simple as that. Torque GT allow you to do that which is one of the reasons I chose them. If I am not happy when viewing in person, I get my money back.
Fair enough. I presume you would view a UK car if the advert was to your spec?

TonksyDC5

Advanced Member
Maybe worth dropping Darren4 a message. I believe his might be up for sale in the next month. Good example as well!

He has a thread in the gallery somewhere.

If your heart is set on an import then don't worry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk