Running In

MikeTh

Finally got my Racing Type R ( stripped ) registered. Now I can play, what is the recommended running in procedure for it. Get varying information from the Honda Dealers so thought best to ask the experts. Need to get a lightweight underseal for it as well before it goes on the road, any ideas.

MJ Type-R

Advanced member
First off, how did you get the Racing one through the SVA test?

Mike

There are various opinions on running in for a new Honda, some say enjoy form day one, others say run without Vtec action for the first 700 to 1000 miles, it's up to you.

MikeTh

SVA test

Thanks for the quick response, I'll stick to the 700m before hitting the iVTEC.
As to the SVA test, nightmare, roof lining, air bag, rear reg light, heater, full pyrotechnic seat belt, new tyres. now I can throw most of it away, unweld the caps over the seat fixings and fit seats and harnesses. Speak ever so nicely to the SVA tester and takes several months. Still cheap in the end and just what I want for the track and road. No kids, no shopping and at the moment, no passengers. No guarantee another one would get through though, depends on the tester at the end of the day.

Mike

MJ Type-R

Advanced member
All I can say is WELL DONE

The first and prob the only one 8)

The chap that owned mine before, tried to get one himself, but SVA wasn't having any of it :cry: :cry:

You might be able to sell the bits you got to an importer, then more can get here.

The alternative, like me is to in time to strip the car out, once I have another run around :lol:

Mike

BTW, which part of the UK are you in?