Rust treatment - Aberdeenshire based traders?

Rick_1138

Advanced Member
Hi folks,

My teg has had some rust spots on it since i got it and as we are in summer i am looking to sort it out.

The spots are the usual rear inner arch fold, an odd bubble just above the skirts in front of the rear right wheel and the bonnet lip\just under the lip, pics:

I could treat these myself by rubbing back and treating with the likes of Por15 or rust treatment and etch primers to stop it dead, but respraying it all to a high quality could be harder.

I was wondering if anyone knows or can give a thumbs up to an local body shop places in Aberdeenshire area?

I don't mind paying for a good job but i don't want to find a place that wants to respray the whole car just because etc.

I am comfortable doing the undercar rust prevention, but with the respraying to a decent standard of the top coat i am more worried about incase i do it wrong and the rust just comes through again.

Cheers folks.

maxvr6

Advanced Member
I cant help you regards a local bodyshop as im in gloucestershire but i would highly recommend whoever does the work colour matches it, this is normally best done by taking a reading off the fuel cap, not sure if you are aware of the issues many people face matching the CW.

martinj46

Advanced Member
Kirkton Motor body in Banchory have a very good rep, and they will be doing mine when I get the funds together. They aren't the cheapest, but you get what you pay for.

Rick_1138

Advanced Member
Cheers Martin, TBH at the moment i just want to see what they could offer, i.e. do it all at once, or sort the bonnet first (as its worst) then get arches and bubbled area done later.

I will give them a shout and see what they say.

CharlesW

martinj46 said:
Kirkton Motor body in Banchory have a very good rep, and they will be doing mine when I get the funds together. They aren't the cheapest, but you get what you pay for.
Phillip at Kirkton did my rear wheel arches last winter. As it turned out the inner arches were full of holes. All that you could see was rust on the inner arch fold. As you can't get inner arches from Honda he had to make some inner arches from scratch. He made these arches so there is now no fold to catch all the salt and dirt, which caused the problem in the first place. Kirkton do a first rate job.

Teg

Any pictures of these repairs and new arches? Seems that its getting more common with the age of the Tegs.

Kellsled

Advanced Member
To the op,you most certainly won't stop the rust dead by rubbing back will always come back needs to be new metal. Seen it myself a load of times always better replacing it and doing it right hope you get her sorted