RUST!! whilst washing and waxing noticed a small bit of rust

ladykb

Advanced Member
As in a previous post someone mentioned that after washing and waxing I will know every little imperfection on my car.. well I am pleased to say shes not too bad considering shes 7 years old :D

However 1 thing is concerning me, on the bonnet just on the edge where it connects to the front wing, I have a small area of rust set in. Now I am told that if left it can spread and I could in the future have to replace the whole panel and for me thats the bonnet (EXPENSIVE)

Can anyone offer some advice as to my options? I hear that Halfords does a rust removing gel in a couple of hours??

Any advice or help with the process I need to follow would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks LadyKB :xcry:

dave c

400hp K20
Sounds like a perfect excuse to buy a carbon buddy club bonnet :D

I'd leave it. im sure it will be fine 8)

Hoodster

Advanced Member
Keep the affected area clean and waxed and it should be fine or have the bonnet resprayed :)

tricker_luke

Advanced Member
I have some small spots of rust just behind the front tyres where stones have probably flicked off the tyres, will that be ok aswell?

LeeH

Advanced Member
I've got some arch rust too. :-#

It just needs rubbing back, treating and painting.

Hoodster

Advanced Member
Once rust starts you can't stop it spreading but you can slow its progress to a virtual hault by like I said waxing and keeping the area clean.
Rust is metal cancer and the only way to get rid of it is to grind or cut it away my car has recently been stripped all rust removed and affected areas treated and then a full respray in pure white looks like new now was a bit of an extravagance though and not really necessary but rust is no longer an issue for me :D