s2000 first drive

dan the man

Advanced Member
about mods and WHP

i got 201bhp WHP WITH cat back and intake so with manifold and kpro 210WHP is easily attainable

benny

Advanced Member
this is an integra site not a s2000 site we have better cars :D we dont need to put the roof down we look cool enough!

Si

Parts Trader
:xgrin:

I think I'll just sit on the fence on this one.......

But my modded s2k is faster than her slighty modded DC5 :oops: :lol:

I had to say it was hers else I would have got a slap :p

spo_gen

Advanced Member
At the end of the day.......... the S2000 is the purer racing drivers car. Give both cars to pro's and i bet the S is the quicker car.

Sumimasen

Advanced Member
Is that just because of the rear wheel drive? Not sure what you're basing that comment on... I remember seeing a helluva lot more DC5's in race trim than S2000's. Also, my experience of DC5 vs S2000 is that the S is more refined, the Integra is a lot tighter. That would kinda suggest that you've got it the wrong way round. Also, the Type R badge ain't there for nothing!

Thinking about it, we're discussing differences between two really great cars, and it does kinda seem a bit silly. I think that the people that have only driven one of them are a bit biased. Those that have driven both seem to be of the same 'general' opinion (ie. not much difference).

Better stop this now before someone brings out the big guns (ie. an S2000 boot is just the right size for a hairdressers gear...), though you'd never hear me say any such thing, being an ex-owner myself! :p

Oh, and Si, my Mrs was content for ME to get a DC5, but wanted to have my S2000. She said it was far more feminine!!! :p :p :p

*Runs off into the distance, giggling maniacally*

mikegsi

Staff member
i didnt think there was that much you could do performance to mod a s2k? maybe im wrong, would like to know more if i am wrong though??

does our friend gan san ever compare them both?? or does he stick to the enthusiasts choice? :wink:

The Mofo

Advanced Member
The F20C engine is quite highly tuned as standard so to get any performance gain on the S you have to spend big bucks through forced induction.

Si

Parts Trader
Ive only done basic bolt one mods intake, decat, TB, manifold exhaust and it has improved the car. Dynos soon to prove an increase hopefully! Just deciding on which ECU to go get at the mo.

Plus quite a few lightened mods too too save weight too, also have removed anything not required - Spare wheel etc...

But as has been said, they are both very good cars and I have admitted on other forums that if I had driven a DC5 before the S2K I would have mighta got one for myself instead! (Coming from a DC2).

Oh and Sumimasen, she wont drive it until the n1 comes off :wink: oh well shes gonna have a long wait methinks! :wink:

matt b

Advanced Member
You cant compare stock to modded!

Put two stock cars around a track in good hands and my money would be on the S but not by alot 8)

Iv owned both :wink:

Sumimasen

Advanced Member
Unless the track is the slightest bit damp, in which case the DC5 would have a distinct advantage. Speaking from experience... :oops:

truffs

Sumimasen said:
Unless the track is the slightest bit damp, in which case the DC5 would have a distinct advantage. Speaking from experience... :oops:
The kylie Minogue song 'IM SPINNING AROUND' comes to mind :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

spo_gen

Advanced Member
Not taking anything from the DC5R....... its a absolute fantastic car, no doubt.
But FWD does have its limits. Watch the BMI TOUGE battles.

Of course your gonna beat some more powerful cars. The difference in skillz for us normal Joes varies ALOT.

webbie

Advanced Member
simonprelude said:
Well 'if' you have..........

Toda cat back
gruppe m
toda manifold
hondata k pro ,210 wbhp

Then it would beat an S2000 which is circa 192 wbhp in standard form, however I am rather surprised that you have that power from that few mods. Well unless the k pro is tuned for minimal engine life.

More planted, well in a FWD car it will feel more planted than a RWD car unless that is what you are used to.

I regularly swap FWD to RWD and feel benefits with both, the best car is whatever you feel comfortable in.

With the S2000 I am running consistent sub 14 second quarters which I have seen very few FWD cars run.

webbie said:
well my mate glin bought a s2000 the other day and let me have a go in it

gota say I wasnt too impressed ...my teg feels loads faster and more planted ....

we have not compared them together but im sure my teg is faster It didnt feel like 240 brake in the s2000
well I have done a 13.7 at elvington so my mods would give your s2000 a good run too ......what you done to yours ???

ADHDboy

Advanced Member
That was stock :) and at Santa Pod.

But as soon as it comes back from the garage we will have a little help from Vortech :) so will be looking at nearly 300 rwhp :)

webbie said:
simonprelude said:
Well 'if' you have..........

Toda cat back
gruppe m
toda manifold
hondata k pro ,210 wbhp

Then it would beat an S2000 which is circa 192 wbhp in standard form, however I am rather surprised that you have that power from that few mods. Well unless the k pro is tuned for minimal engine life.

More planted, well in a FWD car it will feel more planted than a RWD car unless that is what you are used to.

I regularly swap FWD to RWD and feel benefits with both, the best car is whatever you feel comfortable in.

With the S2000 I am running consistent sub 14 second quarters which I have seen very few FWD cars run.

webbie said:
well my mate glin bought a s2000 the other day and let me have a go in it

gota say I wasnt too impressed ...my teg feels loads faster and more planted ....

we have not compared them together but im sure my teg is faster It didnt feel like 240 brake in the s2000
well I have done a 13.7 at elvington so my mods would give your s2000 a good run too ......what you done to yours ???

JiB

Advanced Member
I would probably say that the S2000 is not exactly easy to drive as quick as the DC5. Slightly above average Joes could maybe reach the DC5's limits on street tyres, and not find them at all on a S2000. Therefore DC5 would be quicker than a spinning S2000.

Bring in proper drivers (ie proffessional race drivers) and the S2000 would be quicker anywhere stock for stock. (keeping in mind that they do have the same power to weight ratio).

My $0.02

But then again, who here is a proffessional race driver? :lol: