S2000 to ITR?

MarkyD

Advanced Member
I have wanted a DC5 for about 4 years now but could not get insurance under £2k. I'm 24 now and have just bought a new S2000. I have haad it 2 months and i'm considering swapping it for a DC5.

Am i mad?

I have breifly driven a DC5 but didnt get a good feel for it. I have come from a backround of hot hatches and quick coupes and i'm missing a car you can really throw around.

Has anyone driven an S2 and know where i'm coming from? Its a good car but its more of a posers car than a drivers car!

opinions / advice welcome.

GeordieAndy

Advanced Member
Not driven one, but seen a few jap vids. One was very highly modded, especially in the suspension department and went very well round a track. Also seen a standard V's Standard group test including a DC5 and S2000 and against the DC5 it looked pretty impressive. Although a few more laps and the Teg wud have got him.
I had a bit play with an S2 in my 200sx and on more than one occaision nearly drove over the top of him. He even had the top down and I think the dump valve scared him :lol:

But they do have a posers reputation, and its a shame because on all accounts they are a good, drivers, car. But IMO the teg is a better, drivers, car.

T666YPR

I had an S2k for a year "S200 OSY" from 2000 to 2001.

Took it to Greece when I worked over there.

Certainly was quick but there was no way you could really push one down unfamiliar roads,sometimes on the familiar ones it would bite.

DC5 is certainly more point and squirt but can still wander on some back roads and off-camber stuff.

With RWD,theS2K's turn-in can't be beaten by the DC5's FWD though.

MarkyD

Advanced Member
With the right driver then i'm quite sure the S2000 is quicker but i'm no Schumacher and just want a car that is entertaining to drive. The s2's engine is awsome but the chassis and overall driving experiance has been a bit dull. I just might not have found the groove yet but i'm running out of pro plus fast!!

I miss being able to throw my car sideways around empty roundabouts and down slip roads and not needing a great deal of skill to sort it all out.

kingston

Advanced Member
A guy on here has/had both, think its Matt (?)

Ill be able to let you know in a few weeks though the difference, both types will be sitting on the driveway :D

MarkyD

Advanced Member
Thats another thing nobody seems to put there s2000 on the track, it messes up your hair apparently!

Evil_Weasel

Advanced Member
My dad has an S2000. Not driven it yet myself, although the offer is now there for next time I visit Cambridge! :lol:

My Dad took my Teg out last time I visited and he noted that unlike the S2000 (which has a habit of losing it round corners), the Teg was easy to point round corners with some assurance you wouldn't end up in nearby field.

Mind you, he is 71, but with ~50 years driving experience he can certainly drive a car to its limits! He said he was more happy with the S2000 as he was used to RWD, rather than having a car (like the Teg) more pulling itself round corners. Although he did say afterwards that if it weren't for the S2000, he would now seriously consider the Teg... :wink: