S2000

Phil r type

Advanced Member
The UK was better equipped like better speakers more lather bits and shiny bits things like that . my dad has spent over £500 on getting his wheel arches rust done this year where as my JDM was 100% rust free . on the road I'd say UK handled a little better but the JDM was a little faster but that could come down to Many other factors as there old cars . hope this helps bud

Stever7425

Cheers for the info. Always wanted a jap s2k but from what I'm hearing on this sticking with the dc5 is the way to go. To be expected really on a dc5 owners forum haa

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Coldfuse

Milano!!! :-3
Not sure how i didn't notice this thread? weird.

Yeah i have owned my S2000 for around two years now. Well two years this summer anyway. Having only used it as a summer car, it sits in my driveway for 6 months of the year. That might well change when the pay monthly VED kicks in towards the end of this year. But this year i taxed it early (1st of march) and i have been loving it! i have to be honest i did not really start gelling with it until last summer when the other half and I drove to the south of france in it for a weeks holiday. We did 3100 miles in a week. I was expecting it to be pretty uncomfortable but i was pleasently surprised, the cabin was certainly cosy but i never felt cramped if i'm honest. The car is fairly noisy but i knew that going into it because of the canvas roof.

From a dynamic point of view if i am being honest it feels a little better than the DC5, certainly it takes some getting used to. Getting your head around the fact the driven wheels are at the back took me a wee while. It was always in the back of my mind when i was driving briskly or in bad weather. But as i have used it more and more i have gotten used to that and now i feel very confident with it, so much so i feel on roads i know very well i can drive down them as fast if not slightly quicker than the Teg.

The boot is small, its not as practical as the integra, which is always in the back of my mind if there is ever anything i need carried around. For example i got new brake discs and pads all round for the teg delivered to my folks house so i took the S2000 round to pick them up and had to take the box down to its component parts to get it all in the boot. But needless to say as above we got a weeks worth of luggage in the boot and when the roof is up there is this well/shelf of space that sits behind the driver and passenger seats that is a very convenient space for soft and light things such as blankets and pillows (what we used it for on our france trip). This allowed us to drive for 32 hours solid at one point.

A few points about running it, its drinks fuel, i can get around 300 miles out of a tank for my commute but thats generally pretty relaxed driving. if you are in vtec alot you will use alot of fuel. the rear tyres are really wide, 255 on the facelift like mine so they are not cheap to replace (fortunately i have not had to do this yet)

The earlier prefacelift models are very raw often considered to be alot like a rear wheel drive 96 spec DC2 without a roof. They have a bit of a reputation for swapping ends aswell as they are very short wheelbase. the facelift (04 plus and the second set of facelifts at 06 plus) had revised geometry setups that made the handling a little more manageable. Also a few other little trick things like a clutch delay valve which dramatically reduces off the line wheelspin, so much so that i have never managed to spin the wheels on the S2000 because it feels like i am killing the clutch. The back has stepped out on me once when the tyres were stonecold in the dead of night at the end of october, it was on a very slow junction tho so it was just a little surprising.

Hopefully i have given you a little insight into the S2000. Personally i am getting on very well with mine, missing the integra at the moment as the brakes need to be replaced so its been layed up for a while.

S

stwteg

Rom said:
The hard tops look nice, but for me, you see far too many about, driven by average every day people.
xrofl

kahn_v said:
I sold my silver dc5 for an s2000.
I did the same. I sold my 2001 silver Dc5 for a 2002 Ap1 Hard top last year because I drove an S and thought it would be nice for a change. I love the drive, handling, looks (only when the hard top is on) and the heart in your mouth moments on slick roads when you are reminded that she's rwd. But for me I don't get the same buzz I got when I had the Integra- they are completely different cars and I don't think they can be compared. Both are great- i have never had a spot of bother with either and love both. But my S2k is now up for sale and I'm looking at a Dc5 again so that says it all really!

hondafreek

Advanced Member

Mine is the white one. Now lowered on springs, has gears style front lip and side diffusers

Benneh

Advanced Member
That's gorgeous! Although the alloys would look better in a darker colour in my opinion, still very, very smart!

hondafreek

Advanced Member
Thanks mate, had to be white on white for me, to match the teg :)

It was red, had it sprayed Audi Ibis White :)

AaronDc5

My girlfriend has a S20000, I think it's a great car and a lot more fun to drive to the dc5 in my opinion. They're a nippy little car but not as half as much as the dc5. Saying that my car is k pro'd and the s2000 is stock engine and exhaust wise. Fantastic car defiantly recommend you to have a drive of one!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MrRy

Advanced Member
Sold mine to purchase a DC5. Great cars, but as standard they lack the fizz and fun of a DC2 or a sorted DC5.

I think with a slightly firmer ride (quality Showa/Ohlin coilovers), un-seized bushes and a proper geo setup would transform the standard ride though.

hondafreek

Advanced Member
Aaron, Both my cars have breathing mods and standard ECU, the S2000 feel noticably quicker.

jasondc55

Advanced Member
I took my friend to go and pick up his s2000 you can guess what happened on the way back. ;) Nothing in it in a straight line. When I took the wheel of the s2000(my friend lets me test ever car he has 😉) I loved the go kart feeling of the low slung cabin. Yes the s2000 do claim to have 238-247 bhp but the torque I can only say is nearly non existent for the reason I can only guess its rear wheel drive and any amount of torque is going to throw you in the gutter. Would I ever purchase a s2000? Yes of course I would like people say rear wheel drive is a real racer but I dont earn enough to afford a snow car. Keiichi Tsuchiya is you man to watch, I try and watch him every day on youtube along with other driving and car videos but its his job to drive cars flat out.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk