Safe to drive with the airbag light on?

celox performance

Advanced Member
My airbag light's been showing on the dash for the last couple of days now and i'm wondering if the car's safe to drive without it :?

I know that the airbag probably won't go off in the event of an accident but i'm more bothered about it going off by itself when i'm driving around normally!

Chris-DC5

Advanced Member
It will be fine mate, and it will still go off in an accident,

It may be the sensor on your seat that is at fault.

LeeH

Advanced Member
I doubt it would go off but if you pull the fuse that will disable it I would have thought.

JT3173

Advanced Member
I have removed my seat belts in favour of TAKATA's and get the SRS light all the time, its fine for me.

mikegsi

Staff member
if the lights on the srs system is disabled and wont go off until the problem is sorted, whether it be in an accident or randomly.

if you know the cause of the problem (you unclipped a yellow srs block or too an srs earth wire off) then you can reset the srs sytem manually saving you £££ from your local dealership, (i was quoted £100 on my old teg)

i did a 'how to' ages ago that works a treat

celox performance

Advanced Member
Well i've been driving around over the Bank Holiday weekend and it hasn't gone off yet :)

I hadn't touched anything so nothing has been unclipped. I presume it's only a Honda dealer who can sort this problem now is it?

mikegsi

Staff member
celox performance said:
Well i've been driving around over the Bank Holiday weekend and it hasn't gone off yet :)

I hadn't touched anything so nothing has been unclipped. I presume it's only a Honda dealer who can sort this problem now is it?

it wont go off, not while the light is on..............

if youve not touched anything then theres obv a fault somewhere which its most likely only honda can tell you which of the many sensors, plugs or wires it could be, tbh i wouldnt hold your breath for a quick remedy!!

personally i would try a quick reset, if it comes back on again then go to honda, if not then it would seem the system had a glitch