Safe to run without Tegiwa/ Gruppe M scuttle

.::Ant::.

Advanced Member
I think I've finally tracked down this evening the problem of my tegiwa intake rattle, it appears to be the scuttle panel rattling on the windscreen.

Would it be safe to run the car with the scuttle and scoop off to see if the vibration completely goes and then put it back on thus knowing either way? It needs to be driven at about 30mph in 4th to get it vibrating, but concerned without the scoop it might starve the intake of air feed?

Chelt_scene

Advanced Member
I think I've finally tracked down this evening the problem of my tegiwa intake rattle, it appears to be the scuttle panel rattling on the windscreen.

Would it be safe to run the car with the scuttle and scoop off to see if the vibration completely goes and then put it back on thus knowing either way? It needs to be driven at about 30mph in 4th to get it vibrating, but concerned without the scoop it might starve the intake of air feed?

another amazingly manufactured product from tegiwa trolololol

Advanced Member
Although Tegiwa look like they're trying to take over the world, this isn't their design fault. It's a standard Honda scuttle which the previous owners cut and bond to fit the scoop which is rattling. Trouble is it wasn't done very well.

So I guess if it's anyone's design fault it'd be Gruppe M! (cat amongst the pigeons...)

chiefpulsar

Advanced Member
Although Tegiwa look like they're trying to take over the world, this isn't their design fault. It's a standard Honda scuttle which the previous owners cut and bond to fit the scoop which is rattling. Trouble is it wasn't done very well.

So I guess if it's anyone's design fault it'd be Gruppe M! (cat amongst the pigeons...)
But the gruppe m one fits fine!

Advanced Member
Thought I read on the TRO that the real Gruppe M scuttle replacement didn't fit too well either?

Or maybe I read wrong and I'll get back in my box ;)

Mark_teg

Staff member
It is indeed rubbish. It doesn't flex so it creaks! I put loads of sponge strips on the contact points on mine, but it was still the same..

leejw87

Spoon Whore
I've just made my own Gruppe M scuttle as the one that come in the kit was awful, it didn't fit tight to the screen and caused all sorts of rattles..

My new oem one fits perfect and all my rattles have now gone :)

Mark_teg

Staff member
It is indeed rubbish. It doesn't flex so it creaks! I put loads of sponge strips on the contact points on mine, but it was still the same..
Just to confirm, I was talking about the GruppeM scuttle being rubbish.

chiefpulsar

Advanced Member
I wasnt hating either! i'll retract my previous statement as that was only based on the fitment of my gruppe m!

civic17_99

Advanced Member
The Gruppe M one isn't a perfect fit and it's not exactly made well, as it's only fibreglass. Mine wasn't a perfect fit and it still isn't i had to modify my one a bit to get it to fit ok but even now it's not perfect.

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
The car will run just fine without the scuttle. I don't think you will lose any power either

Advanced Member
Cheer Si, just want to get shot of this rattle at the moment. Think it's time to whip out the double sided foam tape.

redcap

Advanced Member
This is the main reason I've been put off buying either kit despite the performance aspect. The other thing I'm wary of it the possibility that water or snow might get ingested, has anyone had this?

Can you fit it without the scoop and still get as good performance?