Sainsbury's again.

Granty1056

Advanced Member
Hi all.

Renewing with the above again this year. Its gone up a pound to £246.50. Well pleased.

I've been loyal to them and not had a claim so Im viewing this as a reward for such.

Why didn't all those other previous companies I was with do it. I would have still been a loyal customer to them if they had done.

Regards. Granty.

nellly

Advanced Member
been with them for 3 years now I think. its gone up a little but still cheaper than everyone else.

matt_hodgson

I can recommend Sainsburys too.

I bought my DC5 at the beginning of last year, and the cheapest quote I could find was Sky and £900. This is despite 20+ years driving and 12 years no claims, but I live in London, park on the street, and put it down to it being my first imported car and assumed it would go down this year. No so - the renewal was over £1000.

Just got a Sainsburys quote online. Correct car is there without needing to call - 2002 Honda Integra 2.0 Type R. No questions or quibbles about it being imported, just a very straightforward form. Outcome - £490.

Well pleased - it's the same as I paid for my UK DC2 at the same address.

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
I spoke to these at renewals, I had to go through 3 people before they knew what a DC5 was. I went with Pace Ward in the end.

carl hammond

Advanced Member
I too am with Sainsbury's on my DC5 and they were by far the cheapest company when I brought it and was looking.

My cover is for myself and my partner to be covered, £310 for us both with double nectar points and which come in handy and also monthly fuel vouchers which we use in her car,

dc5-2ltr

dc5-2ltr
Yep,went with Sainsbugs this year,me and the mrs to drive,3 mods declared,correct car on the website £275 all in plus £3.50 per month discount vouchers for a year to use at local Sainsburys garage...well chuffed!

Tiffjordan360

Just Trying to get a sainsburys quote now but it doesnt recognise my car. It comes up as a civic type R, and it doesnt have the DC5 in the drop down list. bought the teg last year so got admiral to switch cars, but my remewal is £750. im 36 and live in the new forest so i would expect this alot lower.
Looks like im going to have to spend the day ringing round.

Chrismartin

Advanced Member
Tiffjordan360 said:
Just Trying to get a sainsburys quote now but it doesnt recognise my car. It comes up as a civic type R, and it doesnt have the DC5 in the drop down list. bought the teg last year so got admiral to switch cars, but my remewal is £750. im 36 and live in the new forest so i would expect this alot lower.
Honestly, I'd rather Excrement in my hands and clap that use Admiral or their little branch of companies. So many annoyances and crap when I used to be with them when I was younger.

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Just call Sainsbury's mate they have them on file and will be a LOT cheaper from my experience

Tiffjordan360

Sainsburys cant find the car, They've changed underwriters on the 1st feb. not sure if that is making it an issue
when i put in my number plate it always comes up as a civic type R, need to look into getting it changed.

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
I would have always been dubious about claiming with them anyway, don't think anyone on here has had to yet?

matt_hodgson

Tiffjordan360 said:
Sainsburys cant find the car, They've changed underwriters on the 1st feb. not sure if that is making it an issue
when i put in my number plate it always comes up as a civic type R, need to look into getting it changed.
Just had a look out of interest and this does seem to be the case, Sainsbury's-wise. When I took out my insurance with them on 16th Jan my reg wasn't recognised, but when I searched for a 2002 Integra it correctly listed it as 2 litre. Now, however, it now only gives the option for 1.8.

So feeling pretty pleased that I got in there just in time, but wonder what will happen at renewal...

matt_hodgson

Chris. said:
I would have always been dubious about claiming with them anyway, don't think anyone on here has had to yet?
Thankfully not, but as long as the car is listed correctly and all the questions posed have been answered honestly, I wouldn't have thought Sainsbury's could wriggle out of liability for a claim.

In any event, I'd kind of assumed any insurer is quite likely to just write off a DC5 after even a relatively minor accident, on account of age, market value and perceived difficulty and cost of sourcing parts for an imported car. Personally, I therefore frame my insurance as covering me 3rd party and to drive other cars, and expect that there would be a bun fight over "market value" if, god forbid, the worst ever happened.

That may not be fair though, not sure what other people's experiences are.

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Guys I'm insured with Sainsbury's and until today had only good things to say about them and the amazing price they gave me. However they are now 100% losing me as a customer when I need to renew my policy for the following reasons.

1) whoever told you they have changed underwriters is losing, or the woman Dee I spoke too is as she told me they have not changed underwriters and she's worked there 14 years.

2) I won't be covered if I fit a strut brace to my car as this is a performance mod that adds bhp. They will insure lowering, exhausts, air filters, manifolds but not a strut brace... wtf? Never heard of this in me 20 odd years of driving.

So my mugens are staying off until renewal time.

Seems they have no ideas on things which concerns me now.