Sainsburys insurance still good prices

nellly

Advanced Member
well Sainsburys insurance it still handing out nutty prices on Dc5's got mine at £267 over £200 cheaper than any one else they cant even get close.

oh and for reference i am 31 with 9 years no claims.

oldpainless

Advanced Member
Did you speak to someone over the phone or via the website.

I tried and got an online quote for just under £900!!! I've never paid anywhere near that for any of my cars.

I'm 38, 14 years no claims but have an SP30 from about 3 years ago plus my mileage is 3000 a year.

Also the details came up as a DC2 as well.

d2007ave

Advanced Member
nellly said:
well Sainsburys insurance it still handing out nutty prices on Dc5's got mine at £267 over £200 cheaper than any one else they cant even get close.

oh and for reference i am 31 with 9 years no claims.
Yeah they are a bit weird with their prices, I was with sainsburys paying 350 for the dc5, changed my main car to a honda civic type s, the 5 door one, they wanted an extra 300 for 8 months,!!
They got a goodbye from me and back with sky now! Ridiculous ..... They tried to tell me the type s was a higher risk motor and had a higher internal rating than the dc5!!!

nellly

Advanced Member
both online then by phone to double check everything.

The online quote allowed me to select the 2.0 type r and a quick check over with all the details with them import etc they just need a cat 1 alarm installed and proof of install and that was it.