Sap remover

Tiffjordan360

Hi,
I parked under a tree at a friends house for a week. I now have orange splodges all over my roof and bonnet. I tried all sorts to get it off. Eventually removed it using muc off chain de greaser and a just boiled kettle of water .
I was wondering if there is anything a bit easier to use?
Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
A simple clean as you would normally followed with a claybar to remove the bonded contamination. Easy :) just fairly time consuming, but do the whole car. It's worth it.

Then compound and polish and finish it off with wax,....sorted :)

MissMyDC2

Advanced Member
Can't help with the removal but I can with trees to avoid. Woodworker and tree hugger so best ones to avoid are the maples so anything broadleaf with 5 pointed leaves. Sycamore etc any of the Acer. Maple syrup all over ye car. Also limes tend to be a pita.
That concludes our gardeners question time.

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
MissMyDC2 said:
Can't help with the removal but I can with trees to avoid. Woodworker and tree hugger so best ones to avoid are the maples so anything broadleaf with 5 pointed leaves. Sycamore etc any of the Acer. Maple syrup all over ye car. Also limes tend to be a pita.
That concludes our gardeners question time.
Haha brilliant!

Kev.W

Advanced Member
When I lived at my parents or visit now I find I have wash my car every time, they've got a massive lime tree outside.

I found it best to use TFR (Traffic Film Remover) and like Jimmer said clay bar, Polish and wax after.

Tiffjordan360

Cheers guys. I've ordered a clay bar . I'll give it a go next week when I'm back . What wax is good for use by hand ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

p1tse

Advanced Member
School boy error by myself yesterday, as I parked my borrowed old folks car under a tree and its caked in SAP

I'll be using a clay mitt for ease on parents car though ;)