Sard Sports Cat Converter

Chewy

Advanced Member
There's still very very little information and use of them in the UK on DC5's they're more widely used on Toyotas/Mitsubishi etc.

Looked into it myself a few years back but came to the conclusion I'm sure a lot of others have, when all said and done the price of the Sard 2-1 sports cat landed in the UK is the same price as (some cases more expensive than) a full 4-2-1 decat manifold or custom alternative.

DC5Curn

Advanced Member
Ive got one ready to go on my car. I was going to run it with the standard manifold but was lucky that an Spoon 4-2 came up 2nd hand.

Like Chewy said there is very little mention of them over here in the UK.

Sard make quality items and the sports cat is a work of art (its a shame its going under the car).

My car will be mapped at TDI early October so I should have results with basic breathing mods.

Chewy

Advanced Member
Always been interested to see how this does vs the more popular decats, Glad someones finally picked one up.

Would also be interesting to see your emissions test results come MOT.

mil1lion

Advanced Member
Chewy said:
There's still very very little information and use of them in the UK on DC5's they're more widely used on Toyotas/Mitsubishi etc.

Looked into it myself a few years back but came to the conclusion I'm sure a lot of others have, when all said and done the price of the Sard 2-1 sports cat landed in the UK is the same price as (some cases more expensive than) a full 4-2-1 decat manifold or custom alternative.
Yeah that's what I have booked for next month, a Tegiwa mani. Just thought it might be worth to consider a cat instead so I don't have to worry come MOT time. The Mugen one was the only one I knew of but as with all Mugen stuff super expensive. The alternative would be to just get a Spoon 2-1 to replace the cat. All options seem similar money wise.

mike.williams

Advanced Member
Im looking at adding a sports cat to my system in the future.

Without it there are noticeable fumes, i have been decatted for about 5 years now. MOT's arent a problem for me but now i drive my little boy around in the car i would prefer to run a cat.

The sard looks like a great setup, im not sure how much more it flows compared to oem or if its just an oem replacement as its cheaper than genuine. Just like others have mentioned there isnt a lot of info out there for it