scam or what?????????? cant be true

MattDC5

Advanced Member
Its got to be surely, worth contacting though i guess.

Would it not have the trim kit if its a facelift?

markie

Advanced Member
that is a very cheap facelift dc5 sounds a bit too cheap, where abouts in aberdeenshire is the car i could possibly have a look at it for you if it was not far from me.might be worth doing a check on the car,incase of any finance left on it.

garytc78

Advanced Member
Come on lads how stupid are you to think it's not a scam i mean a car thats priced 8k less than it should be :xspank:
I'll just say one word to you all FLO

DanSwift1988

Advanced Member
Stranger things have happened, a car is only worth what someone will pay for it, combine that with an eager seller and there's some good bargains to be found! This car is on ebay also so might have just been pinched and used as a scam on Pistonheads, seen it with a few DC2's in the past!

gibbyboy

Advanced Member
SCAM.

I am sure the same guy was selling a DC2 last year for a stupid price (£1.5k)

If it is too good to be true..........

Hadtstec

gibbyboy said:
SCAM.

I am sure the same guy was selling a DC2 last year for a stupid price (£1.5k)

If it is too good to be true..........
Yup, I definately think the same.
Even more so, seeing as both the eBay and Pistonheads add has now been pulled.

If this is for real then it would be a bargain and I have contacted the seller:
Hi there,

Before we move forward I would like you to know that I have posted the ad on eBay as a "classified ad" and it was transferred on Pistoheads due to they're new eBay-Pistonheads partnership and now instead of being listed on eBay it's listed on Pistonheads. Because of this I can only close a deal through the eBay system.
Let's not waste time and get to work. The buy it now price is 6800 pounds, wedding next month forces low price sale. I am a consultant engineer so I spend most of my time doing field work therefore I am offering a 5 days refund and return policy. Can arrange pick up or delivery for a low rate(the car is located in Aberdeen, AB25 2BU). Kindly reply in a timely manner if you want to buy it now and secure the deal through eBay. Also don't forget to include your name &eBay ID.
All the best!

Elizabeth

PS Let me know if you want more pics
Mhhh :roll:

I have asked for the registration of the car, so I can do an HPI check and asked if there is any outstanding finance on the car.
I have also asked if she is the registered owner on the V5C and if she has this document.
Further I have advised that I would pickup the car in person and pay in cash.

Still don't think anything is going to come from it and I will need to take someone with me who is a fat bouncer if I decide to buy the car :lol:
Lets wait and see.....

Hadtstec

mikeyboy1903 said:
Link removed now .. If I can be on any help let me know as I'm in that Area and go round in 10mins
wow, that would be awesome.
The post code is: AB25 2BU

It would be great to get the Registration Number to be able to do an HPI check and so on...

Hadtstec

mikeyboy1903 said:
I'll let you know tomorrow afternoon :) ..... If it's there of course. Did she give you any other details ?
Thank you very much for your help Mike.

The saga continous...
I confirm that my name is in the v5 and i have this document.
Also there's no outstanding finance on this car.

eBay will handle payment.
Can't accept a direct payment since eBay has a new verification method to prevent seller's auctioning vehicles with problems.
I can only receive payment after you make an inspection and you'll give them the green light that everything is OK
That is so much bullshit!

I have emailed "her" again to tell her that both the eBay and Pistonheads ad has been pulled!
I have also told her that I will only pay for this via Cash or PayPal....(who on earth would want to receive such a large payment via PayPal?)
Am waiting on her full address and contact number.....

chrisk1700

the response givin is exactly the same a swhat i got back,

come on guys this is a scam without a doubt, a facelift dc5 for cheaper than a tatty pre facelift, come on lol

Hadtstec

chrisk1700 said:

come on guys this is a scam without a doubt, a facelift dc5 for cheaper than a tatty pre facelift, come on lol

Oh, I am pretty sure its a Scam and am pushing it.
I wonder why the Ads got pulled so quickly? :roll:

BadBadtz

Advanced Member
Hadtstec said:
chrisk1700 said:

Oh, I am pretty sure its a Scam and am pushing it.
I wonder why the Ads got pulled so quickly? :roll:

Because its a SCAM? :p :lol:

mikeyboy1903

Drove past the street in question ..... Not a sign of the car, I'll drive past it tonight to be on the safe side ... Just do what the guys on here have said... Keep the cash in your pocket

Me and Gaz777 can go and have a look should something come of it :)

Hadtstec

mikeyboy1903 said:
Drove past the street in question ..... Not a sign of the car, I'll drive past it tonight to be on the safe side ... Just do what the guys on here have said... Keep the cash in your pocket

Me and Gaz777 can go and have a look should something come of it :)

Yeah, I have saved up more than half of what I need to buy a descent example and am not going to let some idiot ruin it for me.
Many Thanks for driving to that address, hopefully I can repay the favour sometime in the future ;)

mikeyboy1903

Drove past again ... Not there ... I'll drive past one more time .....Tomorrow and then call it a day on this bad boy :)