scraping noise

P15UL T

Advanced Member
been noticing over the last few weeks a slight scraping noise when slowing down approching traffic lights. put it down to brake wear but tonight i decide to listen a bit more and realised that then noise was still there when i released the brakes, so at the next set of lights i took it out of gear and the noise stopped and put it back in and the noise was there again !!!
dont know much about clutches or gear boxes so was wondering if you guys could shed any light on the matter.....
i'll leave it in your capable hands oh wise ones :lol:
cheers

T666YPR

As I mentioned before,more people have got this than they realise!!

T666YPR said:
Sounds like you've got worn teeth on your tranny,the same as me :(

I bet the noise instantly disappears when you depress the clutch and comes back when you release it.

gregb

Advanced Member
i was getting a similar sound today,it was more from the brakes/suspension area and only when driving very slow or rolling.there was also scraping while cornering slowly(on the front)when driving straight on the back.the pads seem fine but it`s too bad to be them.it`ll be up on the ramp tomorow,i`m hoping it`s minor.

gregb

Advanced Member
well i had it on the ramp today and got a second opinion on the noise,the hks damper on the front drivers side seems to be responsible for the scraping and knocking sound also the exhaust pipe has suffered some damage on most of the mid section dented and bent and is rubbing against the chasis etc.has anyone any experience of dampers like the hks one breaking in this way?i thought a good branded aftermarket would be more than up to the job?there also seemed to be a little play on the drive shaft on the drivers side which could be doing it aswell but we weren`t sure whether this was the norm,anyways i rang the dealer who(don`t)warranty their cars but is guarranteed to pas the nct/mot and they are taking it back in on monday to look at and see if they need to order a part or what to do.either way it won`t pass the test as is so it`ll have get sorted.it has dissappointed my new car buzz but i`m patient and to make me feel better i used vtec today a handful of times and it showed me what the car is all about,divine.