Seat belt length of rear seats for child car seats?

Hertsch

Greetings! I was wondering if anyone has ever run into issues of the back seat belts being too short for infant car seats, group 0+. The ones I'm looking at need 2.2m -2.6m of seat belt length. Unfortunately my car is 5000 miles away so I am not in a position to be able test out seats. :\

Darren4

Advanced Member
When i had to use the maxi cosi bay seat, the seat belts were a pain tbh. It's ok when used with isofix base mind. Maybe someone could measure them for you.

MissMyDC2

Advanced Member
Baby car seats have grown considerably over the past 7 years. My lads seat now 7 used to be a dodle. My little girls seat 11 months old is way bigger and a pain to get in. Yes I can get it to fit but it's down to the last inch of belt.

mike.williams

Advanced Member
My son didnt ride in mine till he was in a forward facing seat ( had a roll cage in until he was one so he couldnt have gone in it anyway). He has a recaro now which uses the 3 point belt fine.

I cant say if its long enough in the teg but i had trouble with the belt length in my old accord tourer too that was a group 0 recaro.

If you can get isofix it will it simpler for you

Hertsch

MissMyDC2 said:
Baby car seats have grown considerably over the past 7 years. My lads seat now 7 used to be a dodle. My little girls seat 11 months old is way bigger and a pain to get in. Yes I can get it to fit but it's down to the last inch of belt.
Thanks for your reply. May I ask you which seat you are using?

mike.williams

Advanced Member
Our recaro group 0 seat had an isofix base that the seat clipped into. That was a good one

If I remember rightly we bought this to replace the one where the belt wasnt long enough in my accord estate. The recaro could also be used with a 3 point if it was long enough