Seat rails

GIBLETS

Advanced Member
Bit of an odd one here, just went out to the car to install some seat rail caps as mine were missing.

It appears that the seat rails don't have anything for them to attach to which makes me think they may be aftermarket, however they don't seem to be particularly low which has me stumped.

Had a mirror out and the only markings are DC5 RR, DC5 RL, DC5 LR & DC 5 LL with no signs of a manufacturers stamp.

I'm yet to pull the seats out to give them a thorough looking at, thought I'd ask on here to see if anyone recognises them at all, or if the earlier PFL DC5's didn't have rear rail caps, some photos below of the rear mounting points....

Gordyitrdc5

Advanced Member
Iirc if you fold the seat forward & it touches the sun visor they are OEM if they miss they will be lowered ones.

Hth

GIBLETS

Advanced Member
Thanks for that Gordy, I take it the seats would have to be in a certain position on the rails to check that?

Popped the seats out earlier and still none the wiser, no markings on either rail to give any clues...

Put a straight edge across the bolsters and measured down to the centre console just before the handbrake aperture and got 50mm, just need to measure a standard one now to see where the seats are sat 🙂

Also have the option of removing the 10mm spacers where they're mounted to the seats to drop them further...

GIBLETS

Advanced Member
Few more pics, be interesting to find out who makes these and how much lower they make the seats.

Gordyitrdc5

Advanced Member
GIBLETS said:
Thanks for that Gordy, I take it the seats would have to be in a certain position on the rails to check that?
Popped the seats out earlier and still none the wiser, no markings on either rail to give any clues...
Put a straight edge across the bolsters and measured down to the centre console just before the handbrake aperture and got 50mm, just need to measure a standard one now to see where the seats are sat
Also have the option of removing the 10mm spacers where they're mounted to the seats to drop them further...
Hi mate just measured my one on OEM rails I have 80mm. Hth as for your rails they could be anything from spoon/hks/backyard special/j's

GIBLETS

Advanced Member
Great stuff, thanks for that mate!

So I'm 30mm lower with potential to drop another 10mm, think I'll pull the spacers out when I get chance 🙂