??? seat reclining knobs..which side!?

dan the man

Advanced Member
When i picked sikboys car up for him last week (and screwed the arse off it..cheers sikboy) i went to adjust the seat and thought WTF!? wheres the thing u turn? oh here it is on the outside nect to the door and a right bastard to get to...

In my DC5 they are on inside and easy...just like my DC2. text azz and NickyG to ask them and 1 each..azz inside on his old DC5, nik outside on his CW DC5.(but nik said his DC2 was inside..)

so where the hell they supposed to be and where your KNOBS....? :p

DTM (yes ive an obsessive compulsive dissorder for crap like this) 8)

SiKBoY

Advanced Member
I suppose if I wanted them on the inside I could just swap the seats ?

If its that easy then maybe the origanal buyers could specify :?

T666YPR

Mine are on the outside and are factory!

Must be hard to adjust if they're on the inside!! :?

spo_gen

Advanced Member
Mine are in the insides too..... :| ........much much easier than if the adjusters were on the outside IMO.

mikegsi

Staff member
mine are on outside, but changing the seats would work i think, and the lifters are on both sides of each seat so that wouldnt cause any problems either

dan the man

Advanced Member
also, depends how far u have the seat back,like me im tall so a fair way back and the adjuster is clearof the handbrake plastics...someone like livvy who is small would be a lot closer and it would be nice and tight 8)

:oops:

Jor-El

Advanced Member
Dan, perhaps the person who had you car previously swapped the seats around. Some peole do that when the driver side seat bolster starts weakening.

SCOTTIECTR

Advanced Member
SiKBoY said:
I suppose if I wanted them on the inside I could just swap the seats ?

think mine's on outside.

If you changed it then wouldn't the seatbelt sockets be in the wrong place, they're attached to seat?

Trung

Advanced Member
SCOTTIECTR said:
If you changed it then wouldn't the seatbelt sockets be in the wrong place, they're attached to seat?
The seatbelt sockets are attached to the rails not the seat.
As for the knobs, you can buy spare ones from Capital Seating or Recaro Direct.
I might have a spare one for sale if anyone wants it.