Seat swap question

User

Advanced Member
Got the Alcantra material to repair my seats and found a local trimmer place who are going to do two side bolsters and one side wing for £85 + VAT. Result.

Now - I need to swap my seats over temporarily - do I just unbolt the whole god damn lot and switch them over or do I have to keep the base bolted to the chasis?

It looks like the whole lot just unbolts straight off the floor pan (they seem inter-changeable).

Correct?

Oh yeah - last thing, can I just disconnect the sensor thingies without any problems? I dont have to pull out airbag fuses or anything like that do I? Doesn't look like these seat belts have pre-tensioners etc.

Evs

Advanced Member
IIRC the brackets that bolt to the floorpan are asymmetrical so I don't think you can just swap them across. There are only four bolts so it's dead easy to take them out. You probably need to unbolt the seat itself from the runner and swap them over that way. This is probably easier to do with the whole assembly removed from the car.

I'm not absolutely sure they won't be a straight swap, and it'll be dead easy just to try it anyway, although you'll need to move the seatbelt attachments either way.

I think the wiring is just for the seatbelt pre-tensioners, I've had my seats out a few times, just disconnected the plug under the seat without touching the fuses or anything, and didn't have any problems.

HTH?

User

Advanced Member
Cool, right I'll just whip the whole lot out and break them apart the easiest way possible. 8)

Yeah I noticed the seat belt bracket just unbolts so that should be ok tp swap over.

Really pleased I found someone capable of patching in sections of new cloth into these seats - £85 + VAT is peanuts for the work involved.

jonster

Advanced Member
Yes, they are asymmetrical and you will need to remove the seats from the rails. It's only six bolts between the seat and rails. The seat belt attachements are joined to the rails so you shouldn't need to touch these. If you swap the seats to the opposite rails it should be fine apart from the catch to tilt the seat forward will be facing the wrong side.

Wootty

Advanced Member
SpideyMack said:
The seats have catches both sides so no probs there either.
They do have reclining catches on both sides but the tilt adjustment wheel is only on the outside IIRC. You'll have to swap this over which I think is not a quick job.

dan the man

Advanced Member
my tilt adjustment is on inside. find it much easier than azzs car which is on outside..bolster and seatbelt/trim makes it tight.

dan