Seating position - how do I know I have lowered seat rails?

yosin

Advanced Member
Im still adjusting and getting used to the seats and seating position. Feels like my sweet cheeks are in a ditch or something and im always lifting myself up all the time to see the bonnet

Im constantly adjusting the seat recliner to make it straight up and pulling and pushing the seat back and forwards but still can't the perfect combo.

I prefer the sit straight up but still find it quite low that I have to adjust all the time to see the bonnet.

Also is it or does the a pillar blocks the view of things close up when turning right for example aswell like going around the roundabout.

Is this seating position normal with bucket seats? or do I have lowered seat rails - if so how would I know so?

Or am I just paying too much attention to this so I'm always noticing it.

Also my height probably may play a part in it I guess. Standing at a massive 5.5ft :) should have had my greens for school dinner :p

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
All people can see of me is my head through the windows. Haha its a great position. Mine did come with a lower seat rail but I couldn't seeso that went. sounds normal to me mate, is it the same height as the passenger? Also, Gok on here showed me a little floor, so try this and you will soon tell.... If you slide the seat as far forward as it will go, and open it up like you are climbing into the back and see if the top of the seat hits the sun visor. if it does, they aren't lowered :)

yosin

Advanced Member
Haha sounds good. Ill give that a try later when i finish work in half hour.

Im sure the passenger and drivers height is the same.

The seats are comfortable, i just feel more in control when i have more overalll visibility and more over the wheel if you get what i mean. Dont want to hit something i couldnt see when turning into a road or kerbing my wheels due to poor judgement and visibility.

I dont want to sit to close to the wheel as then it will leave next to no room for my arms to do any manouveres. Ive ended up pressing the horn by accident because of sitting to close today. Everybody looked but i made it look like i was meant to do that and carried on looking at my side mirrors pulled out the layby casually lol. :p

blueguy

Resident J's whore
I'm pretty confident you have standard seats. A lowered seating position is part and parcel with the teg as it's a track focused (by normal car standards) car.

yosin

Advanced Member
jasondc55 said:
Lowered seat rails dont usually have the black plastic canyard present(the piece between the fabric at the bottom of the seat connecting to the seat rail itself.

Hope this makes sense.. http://i1290.photobucket.com/albums/b523/Jasondc555/20121222_165406_zps16c4dce8.jpg This is the lowered rail.
This is what i have:

Judging from your pictures, my seats do look like they are the standard seats and rails.

blueguy said:
I'm pretty confident you have standard seats. A lowered seating position is part and parcel with the teg as it's a track focused (by normal car standards) car.
I've tried sitting up high by lifting my backside up to see what the view would be like and it is pretty much the same. To be fair your right and this view and position is part and parcel with the teg.

Ive lowered my steering wheel which has made it more easier and comfortable to drive, but now it gets in the view of the rev meter dial. :xaiweb4:

wj51fut

Advanced Member
Umm... How tall are you?!

I've got short legs and a long body so I sit quite close but ok in height. These are very low slung cars as Blueguy has said. Just play around with seating positions (not whilst your driving of course 👍) and see what works for you.

Those rails do look standard though. Another way to check, as silly as this sounds but if you slide the seat as far forward as it can go, then unlatch the seat as if you were getting in the back, does the top of the seat catch the sun visor?

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
Gok (aka Chinese Adam) said:

I've got short legs and a long body so I sit quite close but ok in height. These are very low slung cars as Blueguy has said. Just play around with seating positions (not whilst your driving of course 👍) and see what works for you.

Those rails do look standard though. Another way to check, as silly as this sounds but if you slide the seat as far forward as it can go, then unlatch the seat as if you were getting in the back, does the top of the seat catch the sun visor?
Haha read my post dude. :p. Beat you too it. Nice trick though, :) .... although mine dont even do that......weird

wj51fut

Advanced Member
Jimmer said:
Haha read my post dude. :p. Beat you too it. Nice trick though, :) .... although mine dont even do that......weird
Lol!! 👍😔

yosin

Advanced Member
Gok (aka Chinese Adam) said:

I've got short legs and a long body so I sit quite close but ok in height. These are very low slung cars as Blueguy has said. Just play around with seating positions (not whilst your driving of course ) and see what works for you.

Im 5ft5 there abouts :) :xaiweb1: . i think its a case of longer body aswell with me so i sit quite close and upright aswell. Just playing around with the steering wheel position and stuff just going to try make it work for me. Im probably thinking to much into it thought so it becomes psychological and notice every little thing.

G Man said:
Get those Recaro vinyls peeled off! lol
I thought they were standard haha. i kinda like it though :xgrin:

Topgeezer

Advanced Member
My type r had lowered rails and i couldn't stand the low driving position, got some standard rails and it still feels low, i'm 5ft 9ish (small body long legs)

I use a cushion now, the seats on my old DC5 type S were fully adjustable with height as well although they weren't Recarro's but at least they were better for manoeuvring.

Iv'e also noticed the back of the seat keeps on reclining itself so every now and again a quick turn of the adjuster puts it back up again ;)

yosin

Advanced Member
I've also noticed my seat reclines itself! At first I thought I had mild dose of ocd when I kept playing around with it but now you've helped confirm it does recline itself.

Ive been thinking to try the cushion and see how it goes.... But felt like I'll be judged lol..

Topgeezer

Advanced Member
yosin said:
I've also noticed my seat reclines itself! At first I thought I had mild dose of ocd when I kept playing around with it but now you've helped confirm it does recline itself.

Ive been thinking to try the cushion and see how it goes.... But felt like I'll be judged lol..
Haha, yeah, tis a bit grannyish LOL.

Iv'e got a cushion with the union jack on it, if i could of found one with the rising sun i would use that.

Thing is one size seat dont fit all and you have to be comfortable so a little bit of fettling is ok in my book ;)