Seats

sovietspybob

Advanced Member
Hi all i've been lurking on here for quite some time now so thought i should finally post somthing!

i've decided on a DC5 for my next car but just want to check a couple of things out first, as i live in north wales there arn't any near by that i've been able to go and see :(

First question: How wide are the seats, as my shoulders are farily wide and i will be doing upto 80miles a day in it every other week

Second question: Whats the best way to get to see one in the flesh, i dont want to travel half way across the country but i would like to see one before putting money down ideally

Final question: How loud, ie road noise/engine noise are they compared to a mx5. As the missus has had 2 of them so i could guage how 'raw' (loud and noisy) the driving experience is upon that - Might be a tough one though as i doubt there are many hair dressers here :lol:

oregato

Advanced Member
sovietspybob said:
Hi all i've been lurking on here for quite some time now so thought i should finally post somthing!

i've decided on a DC5 for my next car but just want to check a couple of things out first, as i live in north wales there arn't any near by that i've been able to go and see :(

First question: How wide are the seats, as my shoulders are farily wide and i will be doing upto 80miles a day in it every other week

Second question: Whats the best way to get to see one in the flesh, i dont want to travel half way across the country but i would like to see one before putting money down ideally

Final question: How loud, ie road noise/engine noise are they compared to a mx5. As the missus has had 2 of them so i could guage how 'raw' (loud and noisy) the driving experience is upon that - Might be a tough one though as i doubt there are many hair dressers here :lol:

Hi and welcome along.

1. Don't know exactly how wide the seats are, but I've a big enough arse and it fits ok :)

2. Best way would be to go have a look at a few near enough to you, if you do see one thats a good bit further, try asking them to travel down a bit to even out the distance. Even half an hour or an hour would make a difference like. And as for seeing it before putting down money, thats one thing that I'd be definately doing before any money has changed hands.

3. Depends on exhaust/induction kit i suppose, theres a good video on youtube of the different exhausts that can be got for the DC5, however, standard, I think they sound pretty good, nothing that will make your ears bleed, but not that low either. some induction kits or exhausts sound great in VTEC too.

Hope this helps.

sovietspybob

Advanced Member
Thanks for the reply ill check out the vid on youtube! i dont think id be wanting to change induction kits but then again once i get hooked it might be a different story :D

And i live near Conwy on the coast

alucardo

Advanced Member
6ft 2inch 16 stone here with broad shoulders I have no problems covering distance in the recaro's.