Second time around

dk123

Advanced Member
Hey guys. Well about 5 months ago I had to sell my DC5 due to a long term relationship ending and having to pay rent etc on my lonesome - I was gutted to say the least and watching her drive away was a bad day! However there the story gets much better now. I am in a position to get another DC5 (this time is would have to be in championship white with red interior). Really can't wait to get back in the DC5 team. I've had a few weak moments when I have considered a Impreza STi (blob eye) but then I think how much fun the Integra is and actually what an amazing community of people are involved. The search begins!!!

emmsyDC5xx

Advanced Member
Good luck on your search for your new DC5 :)
Really happy you've got sorted and can get yourself back in a teg!

dk123

Advanced Member
Thanks :) I genuinely can't wait to find another teg. I went to a view an absolutely lovely silver one the other day but I compromised on colour last time so I'm trying my best to get a white one! Thanks again.

Gordyitrdc5

Advanced Member
Welcome back, good luck with the search took me 3 months to find my cw with c-pack but well worth the wait.

dk123

Advanced Member
Thanks guys and girls! Yeah I have been talking a lot to Torque GT and hopefully something will happen from them guys. My last DC5 was from them and it was a treat to own. The 'Impreza itch' has been quite strong haha but after seeing a few on the roads it does make you realise how awesome looking the teg is!

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
I wouldn't buy from Torque GT again personally as I've had a lot of problems with mine but then again others have bought from them and they've been fine. If you do get one from them pay the AA or another company to do a full vehicle check. Either that or get one off a forum member, in hindsight that's what I'd do now if I ever had the opportunity again.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

dk123

Advanced Member
Thanks bud. If a good one popped up on the forum i would definitely been keen! I'll keep my fingers crossed & keep checking the sale section (which I'm doing far too often!)

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
You'll find a nicer one that's been cherished by someone off here I reckon. There's been a few nice examples of late.

dk123

Advanced Member
Well I have just placed my order for the DC5 with Torque GT. They found me my exact spec with low miles so I'm well chuffed!!! Now I just have the waiting game to play. On the plus side it is scheduled to arrive the week of my BIG 30th birthday so that's a pretty good birthday present to myself :) Can't wait!!!!

Rom

Advanced Member
I wouldn't buy from Torque GT again personally as I've had a lot of problems with mine but then again others have bought from them and they've been fine. If you do get one from them pay the AA or another company to do a full vehicle check. Either that or get one off a forum member, in hindsight that's what I'd do now if I ever had the opportunity again.

That's the first bad thing I've seen about them.

When's it due mate? Mines around May 15th. Had just passed Egypt last I looked.

Sent from my SM-T210 using Tapatalk

ste01

Advanced Member
Rom said:
That's the first bad thing I've seen about them. When's it due mate? Mines around May 15th. Had just passed Egypt last I looked. Sent from my SM-T210 using Tapatalk
Haha still tracking it then ;)

ste01

Advanced Member
Rom said:
Ha, yeah. Not as often though. I still hate you! Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
But I said to make sure you don't follow the boat on marinetraffic.com :D hahaha

dk123

Advanced Member
Hey Rom it has been estimated for pick up at the end of June/start of July. I can only say good things about Torque GT-answered all my pestering emails and helped me out with selling my last vehicle (not the DC5). Tristan has been absolutely great - fingers crossed it is as good as my last one from them! Genuinely can't wait - I was absolutely gutted when I had to sell my blue one. Never felt so proud of any material object! I bet you are excited mate. How do you track it's movements? Haha.

Rom

Advanced Member
Ok, well blame Ste for this...

But you need to ask Torque the name of the ship, then go to www.marinetraffic.com

Be warned. The ship will not leave port and come here. It will visit over 9000 other ports first!

I've been dealing with Darren, and can only say the same.

You doing the import direct thing?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

dk123

Advanced Member
Yes mate - import direct. Seemed like the best thing to do for me. Obviously just got to have a bit patience and not go mad waiting!

Right I'll blame Ste for my life being dominated by checking that site! I bet you can't wait. Looking forward to seeing the pictures. What are you planning to do about getting an alarm?

Better ask Tristan the name of the boat then haha.

ste01

Advanced Member
Tracking the boat gets even worse when you see it visits Southampton, Newcastle then back off to France before coming back to unload your car! Haha. Mine got put back nearly 2 weeks from its initial ETA!

Torque GT will fit a cat 1 alarm for you, they give you a choice and all come with Certs. I bought a headunit off amazon and got it sent to them too and they fitted that too ready for my drive back :)

What's your car like then DK123? Did you find it in the auctions yourself? When I went through auctions I kept finding myself looking at other things as well as DC5s haha

Rom

Advanced Member
I'll fit mine. Fitted loads over the years. Got to be some perks of being a Diagnostic Tech!

I'll go a highly customised Toad Ai606 as usual. Full closure, dual zone microwave, phone interface, tilt, shock, etc etc.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk