Seeking Help

Wingnuttzz

Advanced Member
Where about are you located?

And without looking at the links (on phone) I'd personally all favour a members car with a detailed add and build thread opposed to a dealer...

Wingnuttzz

Advanced Member
Bound to be somewhere near you on here that can show a good example/what to look out for or might have looked at some of those already.

From my point of view

1st car, the panel gap on the bonnet is most likely because the bonnet and wings are both aftermarket INGS items. Personally taste to whether you like them or not, would probably fetch good money if you decided to put back to standard. Does look reasonably clean in the pictures, although the half light doesn't help. It appears to be missing the interior mats, they are circa £100-£150 to replace with good nick 2nd hand genuine items. He claims the wheels are Rays, i'd be double checking they are Rays and not Rota's if I was looking. Advert doesn't say anything regarding underseal and rust so worth asking.

The 2nd one is no longer advertised apparently

The 3rd one looks ok in the pictures, difficult to tell. The interior picture is missing the drivers bolster which is the common one to get damaged. Personally, the rear fog light in the bumper would really annoy me. Don't like the advert, very little info bar standard blurb... Mention of Goodyear tyres could be a good sign though.

4th one I think is on here - not many pictures, would be asking for more. Good service history if it checks out being from Honda and TGM, advert is a big vague on general condition.

5th one - single UK owner is always a good sign, the pictures are useless at gauging condition.

For all of them, read the buyers guide, check the history and paperwork carefully, particularly import docs and mot certificates to check the mileage is genuine (remembering some will be in kph, some in mph, some are digital corrected on import, some just read partial kph and mph). Check for rust and underseal, personally I'd try and get the car on a ramp, or very minimum jack it up and get your look underneath with a torch. Premium branded tyres are a good sign on a enthusiast owner and someone who won't skimp on costs.

davidpingu

Advanced Member
Agree with the above. If you can get one from a member who's been on here a while (not just joined to sell) its worth travelling as its much less likely to be a wasted journey.

Hang in there mate, and don't let the inconvenience of not having a car rush you in to buying something substandard.

davidpingu

Advanced Member
Last one looks a very good buy and is indeed for sale on here. If its got plenty of TGM history it's ideal :xyes: