Selling My DC5 - The Time Has Come!

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
Yep, it's been almost 6 years of pure awesomeness! But the time has come for me to move on.

In those 6 years I have been on the race track multiple times and picked up a few wins in the show and shines!

I have been so lucky to have owned such an awesome car! I have enjoyed driving it as much as I have polishing.

But more importantly are the friends I have picked up along the way, what a fantastic community of people the DC5 owners generally are. Thanks to everyone for all their help and especially to those for their support. My knowledge of cars is now far better than it ever was and it's something that I have always enjoyed sharing to the best of my knowledge, both mechanically and in the detailing aspect, something I will likely continue on here regardless of what car I buy next.

I am hoping that the next owner will be someone from here and they can keep the tradition of doing what they like and just enjoy whatever path they choose regardless of what other people think and can learn as much as I did about how awesome, diverse and generally helpful the community is here.

There is an old saying: "If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading." - Lao Tzu

Eventually, we all have to change direction. My crossroads have come. But my journey has only just begun.

Hoping to get an advert together within the next week or so, so look out for that ;)
Also, perhaps a mention of the new car, which is typically me, different, fun and somewhat crazy, lol.

Ian C

DC5RS

DC5
Porthos :eek: if you sell your car the ITR page has a script that will automatically close the domain and then delete every single file in the hosting server !!!!!

THINK AGAIN !!! :xaiweb6:

I still got my posters at home from your car when i was younger, was one of the few examples i always admired. Feel sorry that you will let it go, hope somebody who is truly enthusiast will end up buy it.

All the best

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
Ha ha, yep, I think the car's reputation now proceeds it! Thank you :)

Looking at around the 10k range, including all the JDM bits I have on there.

wj51fut

Advanced Member
All the best mate. Really hope this car goes to someone who cares for it as much as you have.

A lot of time and effort has gone into this car. Lots of thought too.

I'm glad to have helped you in the past with your Integra and I am very grateful for your help too with mine. But the fun doesn't stop here!! I'm sure whatever you buy next we can still hit a few track days or at least a few good roads in the country side.

Of course this isn't fair well. Can't get rid of you that easily!!

Whoever buys your car has got a big weight on their shoulders. Everyone will be eager to see how it gets on.

Keep in touch mate.

Gok 👍😉

Ezza

Advanced Member
What are you replacing the DC5 with? Without doubt Helen should definately go for your one, its one of the cleanest on the forum :D

dc5-2ltr

dc5-2ltr
Gutted that you`re moving on Ian.I know you wont leave us altogether but your help and advice over the years has been immense,many of us including myself are so sorry that you`re moving on to another marque, however I think most on here will agree, YOU`LL BE BACK!!
Kindest Regards,David xthumbup

maxvr6

Advanced Member
Sad to see you're leaving us mate, good luck with your next car, look forward to seeing what it is :)

Woppywop

Advanced Member
Sad times Ian, happy I got chance to see the legend that is, your DC5.... You thought I was going to say you didn't you :p Whoever has yours is going to be a happy camper... What you doing with your 23 sets of alloys?

Thanks for your help (on a side note, mines going too... Needs must hey)

You think you'll ever come back?

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
Lol, Thanks again lads.

Will I come back? To a DC5? No, I have had my fun with one, now it's time to move on, but always make a wise decision when leaving such an EPIC car!.
A lot of lads on here go for harder and faster... then regret it, that's not the route I'm taking.

Will I come back to a Honda? if they go back to their roots and bring something out that has character again, then yes, definitely.

:)

davidpingu

Advanced Member
Very philosophical mate :D

Whilst I've somehow managed to miss meeting you at every single Bristol meet in my 18 months of ownership I've enjoyed looking at your car on the forum and it's certainly inspired some of my own ideas.

Everything else I had to say has been said really. You'll be missed as an owner but still be good for you to visit us all here from time to time and let us all know how you're doing with the new motor. Hope it's sufficiently inspiring in comparison to the dc5, it seems no mean feat.

All the best,

Dave

xhelen06x

Advanced Member
Ezza said:
What are you replacing the DC5 with? Without doubt Helen should definately go for your one, its one of the cleanest on the forum :D
Need some more pennies for this :(

Gordyitrdc5

Advanced Member
Sad times, first day i met you was at japfest 2013 & there you were cleaning the teg! Who ever buy's it will have a very fine & clean example. Enough said!!

Mark_teg

Staff member
All the best mate! Hope to see you and your new car at one of the meets?.. Also, what about Japfest? :)

Adam and I have been trying to guess the new car (I'm not sure if he knows or not).

OH!. And will the new car be treated to a Kakimoto?!!!!!!!! ha ha

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
Ha ha, Kakimoto looking highly likely, not one, not two.... not 3, but 4 titanium tips ;)

I won't leave, I'm like a bad smell.... Ha ha.

dotty

Advanced Member
Brz :)

Sad to see you're selling...

However if the bonnet and dampers becomes available. I want !

53 Teegwa

Advanced Member
Sad to see you go but given I know the new toy it's very you and you'll have fun mate.

Ps from Louise:

NO CAKE FOR YOU

dk123

Advanced Member
Such an inspiring car and one of the reasons I really loved the Blue DC5's and ended up buying one. Massive respect for all the work you've carried out and how mint the car is. Good luck with the new ride!