Selling or parting out?

bxlheathsupra

Advanced Member
What do you think is more economical?
Im in two minds due to lack of use of my dc5 to sell it or split for parts. I have driven 2 miles in the past 3 weeks!
And cycle most of the time now so its playing on my mind as to if its really needed.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

Dazaturbo

Advanced Member
I‘ll give you a word of warning mate started mine in September and have still got

The engine
Seats
90% of the interior plastics
Headlining
Doors
Glass
Rear brakes
Spoon springs (although quite rusty)
Mugen shocks (again got a bit of rust on them)
Private plate (dc51vtc)
Dashboard
Clocks
Shell

And countless other bits still hanging round, I haven‘t put loads of effort into selling them though 🙄😂

Dealing with the postage is a massive pita as well

bxlheathsupra

Advanced Member
Ah ok.. i parted out an rx8 few years back and made more then i paid for the car!

Na not gonna write it off haha dont wanna risk getting hurt in the process haha

Prob end up keeping it just different thoughts crossing my mind

Pboll99

Dazaturbo said:
I‘ll give you a word of warning mate started mine in September and have still got

The engine
Seats
Headlining
Doors
Glass
Rear brakes
Private plate (dc51vtc)
Dashboard
Clocks
Shell

And countless other bits still hanging round, I haven‘t put loads of effort into selling them though

Hi how much do you want for your number plate mate?

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
bxlyheathsupra said:
Im in two minds due to lack of use of my dc5 to sell it or split for parts. I have driven 2 miles in the past 3 weeks!
And cycle most of the time now so its playing on my mind as to if its really needed.

Hi mate, what's the reason for breaking it, have you crashed it or something?

Would be a shame to break it but again I don't know the reasons for this.

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
Dazaturbo said:

The engine
Seats
Headlining
Doors
Glass
Rear brakes
Private plate (dc51vtc)
Dashboard
Clocks
Shell

And countless other bits still hanging round, I haven‘t put loads of effort into selling them though

That is mental, can't believe you've still got all those parts especially the engine.

bxlheathsupra

Advanced Member
Crazylegs said:
Hi mate, what's the reason for breaking it, have you crashed it or something?

Would be a shame to break it but again I don't know the reasons for this.
No is in fully functional condition, just thought due to the market of these cars parts would be more desirable and possibly sell easier then a whole car?
To be honest ive just seen the veilaide bonnet for sale which ticks my boxes! Hence my confuaion as to what i really want to do.. do i have a really good looking sorted car sat outside that never moves or just sell and use the money elsewhere

carl hammond

Advanced Member
bxlyheathsupra said:

The one thing I can add to this is a lack of use brings such thoughts, been there countless times throughout my cars restoration project as I just don‘t use it ever. But now when I do it‘s where Honda intended and I then remember why I bought it and have kept it.

I believe it was John Green that said to me once “ the less you use it the less you‘ll appreciate it and love it “

This is very true but when I sell up I‘d prob get more by returning it to oem and selling all parts separately which is why I kept every part I‘ve removed.

I know you tracked yours and know how fun they are so it all depends on your wants and needs from a car, there will always be certain parts that will sell quickly and others that wont unfortunately

bxlheathsupra

Advanced Member
carl hammond said:
The one thing I can add to this is a lack of use brings such thoughts, been there countless times throughout my cars restoration project as I just don‘t use it ever. But now when I do it‘s where Honda intended and I then remember why I bought it and have kept it.

I believe it was John Green that said to me once “ the less you use it the less you‘ll appreciate it and love it “

This is very true but when I sell up I‘d prob get more by returning it to oem and selling all parts separately which is why I kept every part I‘ve removed.

I know you tracked yours and know how fun they are so it all depends on your wants and needs from a car, there will always be certain parts that will sell quickly and others that wont unfortunately
Thats the thing, when i do drive it i love it.
I doubt i will get to the track this year, but it is fully ready to track now!.. think im just having a moment

Dazaturbo

Advanced Member
Crazylegs said:
That is mental, can't believe you've still got all those parts especially the engine.
Crazy ain‘t it mate I think £1k for a k20a with all the ancillaries that run off the aux belt is a bargain imo

bennn

Advanced Member
Dazaturbo said:
Crazy ain‘t it mate I think £1k for a k20a with all the ancillaries that run off the aux belt is a bargain imo
How much have you made so far then Daz? Reckon you'd have made more just selling the car cheaper too?

Dazaturbo

Advanced Member
bennn said:
How much have you made so far then Daz? Reckon you'd have made more just selling the car cheaper too?
I‘ve done about £3.5-4K off it up to yet and reckon there‘s another £3.5k left in it so with all the hassle I wish I‘d hung out and sold it in 1 but you live and learn 😂

Johngreen537

Advanced Member
I generally get rid of a whole car in 6 weeks. Done 2 write off breakers this year and have minimal left.

Price things sensible and they'll sell fast.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Dazaturbo

Advanced Member
Johngreen537 said:
I generally get rid of a whole car in 6 weeks. Done 2 write off breakers this year and have minimal left.

Price things sensible and they'll sell fast.

To be honest John I‘ve had a nightmare couple of months and haven‘t had time to put the effort into advertising the bits properly I‘ll do another ad soon with all the parts I‘ve got left and actually put a bit of effort into getting them shifted

Johngreen537

Advanced Member
Dazaturbo said:
To be honest John I‘ve had a nightmare couple of months and haven‘t had time to put the effort into advertising the bits properly I‘ll do another ad soon with all the parts I‘ve got left and actually put a bit of effort into getting them shifted
Most people come to me on Facebook mate. Send me a friend request and I'll get rid of a load for you. Engine, box, brakes, seats etc generally go silly fast for me.

Dazaturbo

Advanced Member
Johngreen537 said:
Most people come to me on Facebook mate. Send me a friend request and I'll get rid of a load for you. Engine, box, brakes, seats etc generally go silly fast for me.

Not on Facebook John got proper fed up of the idiots on there 😂😂

Thanks anyway mate and if you hear of anyone after anything let me know 👍🏻

moody_mage

Dazaturbo said:
Not on Facebook John got proper fed up of the idiots on there

Thanks anyway mate and if you hear of anyone after anything let me know
Sent you a PM regarding some small pieces