Sensors and more

ArcticEnergie

Hi Guys,

I have owned my DC5 for the last month or so... Its of course a jap imort (and just amazing) ... I have 3 lights which are not part of the DC5 kits, one is for what seems to be the LSD the other is for the Oil and third is for suspensions or tyres dont really know cause everything is written in jap :( ...

Has anyone ever seen one of these (image attached) Do you think its usefull in anyway? I am guessing its a timer to check any of the items after so much time or could it be connected to sensors?

Right now the Oil image lights up (even though level seems fine and its not due for a service) but I am going to take it to be serviced just in case.

Tiger_kpt

Advanced Member
In all honesty, have never seen one of those mate.

But an "educated" guess would lead me to believe that it is simply a timer... or more of a mileage reminder. An after-market installation, not factory fitted and not performance related.

I would say that the first light is either clutch or transmission oil.

The second is engine oil.

The third is tyre condition/wear.

It is probably in some way hooked up (wired) to the odometer in the dash. It will not be a "live" and accurate reading of oil condition/tyre wear, etc... but more of a rough estimate. I am guessing that the last owner in Japan was quite forgetful or busy and needed a reminder.

Every time the oil, tyres, etc are changed then that particular timer on the unit is reset (probably by holding that particular button down for a few seconds) and after a certain amount of mileage (not time) that warrants a change in one of the three particular areas... a light is lit and this is to remind the driver that a change is needed or at the very least a check.

I would have thought that you could re-program it and alter the mileage periods between reminders. Not sure how.

I would probably just get shut of it. Bit of an eye-sore!

That's my 2p... I may be incorrect though... guessing.

Evs

Advanced Member
Tiger_kpt said:
never seen one of those mate.

I may be incorrect though... guessing.
:xhuh:

The OP may be better off guessing for himself tbh... :idea: :lol:

Tiger_kpt

Advanced Member
Evs said:
Tiger_kpt said:
never seen one of those mate.

I may be incorrect though... guessing.
:xhuh:

The OP may be better off guessing for himself tbh... :idea: :lol:
What kind of a reply is that? No need. Your attitude stinks.

I thought I would give him a WELL educated guess. Just because someone hasn't seen something before... doesn't mean you can't figure out what it is, what it does and how it works. Or is that just left to us engineers?

Better than no reply at all.

I would like to see you come up with a better or different "opinion".

ArcticEnergie

Guys guys.. calm down hehe :) ...

Its at Honda right now so we willl know all about it in the afternoon.

It needed the service anyways... I am using the beast on a daily basis so better safe than sorry!

Thanks for your replies though... You been a great help!

AE
;)

Evs

Advanced Member
Most of us are completely calm thanks :lol:

My view would be that there's no substitute for checking fluid levels, tyre condition etc regularly and getting it serviced to schedule.

This seems to be what you're doing anyway so it's all good 8) :D

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
where do the wires go?

if you can forward a better pic of the writing i'll get it translated.