Seperating front grille from the bumper?

ITR BOY

Advanced Member
I ve taken apart my front bumper as its getting some fresh paint soon, I wanted to take the black grill apart from the bumper to ensuire I get a good job when getting painted, there is a few washer type clips that hold this onto the bumper, Has anyone had any expericence of removing these?

I ve had a search and cant find anything, any adivce would be helpful before I go and start damaging it!

joiner

Advanced Member
Did this on mine for the exact same reason, I'm sure if I can remember right is that I used cable cutting pliars and used the points to snip form the outside to the centre, avoiding the plastic pin, basically destroyed them to get them off. Picked up new Honda genuine ones curtesy of a fellow member who I purchased bits from and he threw them in as well as other screws etc. You can get them off eBay though I would think.

ITR BOY

Advanced Member
joiner said:
Did this on mine for the exact same reason, I'm sure if I can remember right is that I used cable cutting pliars and used the points to snip form the outside to the centre, avoiding the plastic pin, basically destroyed them to get them off. Picked up new Honda genuine ones curtesy of a fellow member who I purchased bits from and he threw them in as well as other screws etc. You can get them off eBay though I would think.
Thought this is going to be the only way, cheers mate