serious consideration (new member)

typertillidie

ater 8 years of the blue oval i after 1 year of homew :!: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: ork
decided to go and buy a Dc 5 i just had a drive of my friends ctr and i love that vtec rush its fantastic i cant slag the blue oval my 260bhp series 1 rs turbo turned many heads and was fun to drive.
i have read lots of posts on this website its great but a question you may be able to answer for me is? :idea:
can u fit a rotrex supercharger to the dc5 i have been told only jackson because of the anticlockwise mechanics is this true as i had a saxo vts with rotrex it was amazing :!: back 6 years a go when i was 19.i am very fond of tuning my cars had williams clio on throttle boddies 223bhp quick car amazing handling but enough of that type rs rock first hand experience with the added benefit of living in manchester 14 miles from SYSTEM R (warrington).this especially rocks always travelling far for the blue oval. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: TYPE R TILL I DIE :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Paul-CTR

About the EGT problem from the JRSC on the DC5. I know that an intercooler option is not really avaliable but as a solution, how does the Aquamist water injection sound. Prevents engine knocking and cools the inlet temps quite dramatically. Has anyone considered this?

MJ Type-R

Advanced member
Paul-CTR said:
About the EGT problem from the JRSC on the DC5. I know that an intercooler option is not really avaliable but as a solution, how does the Aquamist water injection sound. Prevents engine knocking and cools the inlet temps quite dramatically. Has anyone considered this?
Paul, didn't Peter (Hertz) try the water injection route, with little or no effected.

EGT is a problem on any engine, if it's run outside the design spec, and only aless than a handful of tuners know the actual values for the K20 series....(I can only name 3 at tops!)

If you know the right people, intercooler solution is possible and there are ways too lower the compression ratio, but retain the OEM pistons and their properties....

Mike

Paul-CTR

Hi Mike, Im not sure if Peter tried the Aquamist. When i saw the spec list it was not mentioned so I assume he didn't. Its used to great effect on other FI cars, specially those whose intercoolers are not front mounted such as the Pulsar and the Impreza. Not too sure how a K20 would react to it though. Interesting about lowering the CR, would never have thought of that...

typertillidie

thanx for the reply guys i would love to tknow if someone could build me a 4wd floorpan to get better traction and how much this kind of conversion would be?

T666YPR

Think you'll be wanting a Scooby instead then.

Teg is a track racing FF car,why make it 4WD :xhuh:

truffs

With the right ECU 4wd drive isnt required. I dont have traction on mine just standard LSD. With the right practise on the clutch (which is upgraded) i can easily launch the car off the line in the dry and can give any 4wd vehicle a run for its money on the back roads. The only time in my opnion that 4wd comes into its own is on wet / greasy roads, but thats were accidents happen.
The bueaty of FWD is that it dosent eat tyres at such a great rate as 4wd + all the power is sent to the front not having to be divided between the front and rear axle.

Duncs

lets be honest, how are you going to get the 4wd, never mind the floor pan what are you going to use as the axle, drive shaft, and actually the transaxle to get the 4wd in the first place,
ask a ford owner, it is not easy, its not cheap, buy a 4wd car!!

typertillidie

I KNOW IT CAN BE DONE CAUSE PAUL FROM SYSTEM R AND I HAD A CHAT VIA EMAIL AND HE WAS CONSIDERING HIMSELF BUT EVERYTHING HAS A PRICE IT WOULD BE COOL?

truffs

typertillidie said:
I KNOW IT CAN BE DONE CAUSE PAUL FROM SYSTEM R AND I HAD A CHAT VIA EMAIL AND HE WAS CONSIDERING HIMSELF BUT EVERYTHING HAS A PRICE IT WOULD BE COOL?
So there :!: :!:

dan the man

Advanced Member
after moddifiing the floorpan, designing new rear suspension, messing with props and engine layout, getting it all to work and run properly..yuo would have spent a sh*tload and would have been able to buy a pukka rally car........i know what id be sat in :!: :p

Yambo

Advanced Member
Could be done but it wouldn't be easy!!

You'd need a doner car/4wd system, but depending on how good you are with electronics then you'd have to choose wisely!

Ultimately the early quattro coupe 4wd system would be awesome but it'd mean dealing with longitudinal and transverse axis!! :?

This kind of fabrication is awesome, and anyone who could do it deserves a medal but whats the point?!? May as well buy a Quattro Sport SWB for a mega amount of cash!!

Personally I'd leave it to the experts who plough millions of pounds into developing the systems!!! :p

Be sweet to see a 4WD Teg or even a RWD TEG lol!!!!!!!!!!

:wink:

typertillidie

hi yep it can be done and might be done the chap around the corner converted his focus rs with a subaru engine 4wd floor pan said it was not that bad at all he thinks he could sort a dc5 he is also a co-pilot for a rally car,oh and wow his is focus fast 0-60 3.6ouch :lol: :lol: