Service plus track day

Andywilkinson

Advanced Member
My car is due a service very soon, also i've got a track day coming up, do you think

:arrow: I should service it before track to make sure car is tip top for the day

:arrow: Wait, service the car afterwards to make sure no real damage was done during the day

Just wondering, as i was just going to make sure i topped up the oil before and throughout the day, then get a full service afterwards?

opinions please :)

Andy

lockwood77

Advanced Member
I'd do it before so the oil is clean and if there is anything wrong with it, you spot it before it gets exacerbated by the track conditions (or worse, causes some damage by failing at an inopportune moment!)

spo_gen

Advanced Member
Personally, i would do the trackday before the service. Just make sure all fluids are suitably topped up.

How often do you service btw?

MattDC5

Advanced Member
I had the same situation and have decided to get it serviced prior to the track day.

As has been said, id prefer the car to be in the best condition for the day.

lockwood77

Advanced Member
Seriously, you wanna make sure the brakes are up to it (pads, calipers serviced etc.) - I had a sticking rear caliper and smoked the pad/disc. Of course the oil and other fluids, not to mention things being loose etc.

logik

Advanced Member
I would service it before the track day. You dont want to take any chances.

celox performance

Advanced Member
I always change the oil after 2 track days so an oil change is a priority if you haven't had one for a while. Make sure the oil is around 2mm above the maximum mark.

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
Service before, then do a change of oil something like 4000 miles afterwards. You'll want the best protection which new oil will give.