Service time dilemma

Decklogic1

Advanced Member
Hi Guys,

I'm about to get prepared to put my DC5 in to get a service.

Thing is I have a dilemma. With no real tuning garages this far up north, I would usually put the car to Honda for its service. I have a friend who works there, and he services my cars routinely.

This is great for my pocket as I get mates rates, Problem with this is lack of real service history, as he does this as a homer before work and at lunchtimes at Honda, so I would have no real service receipts etc.

I know that if I go through the official channel I would pay a pretty sum, attain a service history, but ultimatley get the same work done, and it would be my friend who does the work anyway!

So what should I do? I know the history is very important, but I will be paying much more for the same level of service on the car.

What would you guys do in my position?

Cheers.

Newty

Advanced Member
Just get the service book signed, dated etc as normal...if you know the bloke knows his stuff, whats the problem?

premadonna555

Advanced Member
Ask him to write down what he's done, sign it and then put it in the service book.

You'll save more money doing the services that way than you'll lose by selling it without proper honda stamps. Just keep all receipts, buy good oil to use, and prove its been well looked after.