Servicing in or near Cumbria?

Newty

Advanced Member
I know there are not a lot of Cumbrians on here. Just wondering if anyone can recommend a place near by to get my 'teg serviced?

I have a good local garage, one of the blokes there has an accord type-r, may go there for the 'intermmediate' services, but would it be generally recommended to go to a 'pro' for the more serious stuff?

All comments and advice welcome.

Thanks.

707 DC5

Advanced Member
What exactly do you mean by "serious" stuff? Aside from transmission and internal engine problems, most of it can be done w/out the aide of a mechanic. Do you have the Helms manual for our car's?

spo_gen

Advanced Member
If the serious stuff, you mean by ECU remapping etc... TDI North in Warrington would be the best and closest bet.

Newty

Advanced Member
No...I thought I read that at certain miles something or other needs re adjusting etc? I got the impression that every so often there is a serious service?

Anyway, I wouldn't want to change my cambelt without a mechanic, and what about wheel alignment? Tyre fitting & balancing? Yeah, most of it can be done without a mechanic if you have thousands of pounds worht of machinery!

Where can I get a helms manual?

chris cc

Authorised Advertiser
"Serious Service" tbh I'd think that the DC5 could be looked after by your local Honda dealer for those services (kendal... or ulverston if there is one there).
One of the initial ones, i think would be checking valve clearances. Personally I doubt that you are going to run into anything too major that's any different to a civic type r.
You could ask your local dealer to spec out what they recommend and quite possibly use your local reputable garage if you choose.

Newty

Advanced Member
Valve clearences...thats the one!

So nothing too 'serious' to be done? Service just like a normal car? Except more expensive!