Servicing; Just bought...

Peter D

Advanced Member
DC2 fuel filter you mean? Damn!

Also the wipers turned up, they are 20" and 18"...i think they are meant to be 20" and 24" are they, i searched on here and thats what i found! Where does everyone get their wipers, could someone give me a link to a decent set of wipers blades that will fit?

Also my replacement HKS foam filter turned up...only for it to be totally wrong! From the pic it looked the same as mine, and same diameter, but when it turned up it's flat, when mine is the mushroom filter! Argh!

Could anyone give me a link for a set of good wiper blades...and also is there a way to purchase from Honda online? As the nearest to me is 75 mile away!

Help! Thanks

Peter D

Advanced Member
Dan2020 said:
That ebay link for the fuel filter, doesn't look like the fuel filter on a DC5. Pretty sure they are a Honda only part too. Part no. 16010-S5A932

It should look like this:

And it's an in tank filter.
Just looking at this picture again, my Dad reckons this can't be right?? An in-tank filter surely wouldn't need changing for a service? Is there 2 filters on them? :-k :-k :-k

The in-tank filter wouldn't be an item you'd ever change for a service surely?

-Woody-

Advanced Member
iirc the wipers are same length as Renault laguna. I ordered my bosch ones from ebay under that.

Peter D

Advanced Member
I measured mine tonight and they are 24" and about 19"...so i assume 24/20 is what i need, they sent 20/18! The listing said for Integra DC5 too.. They are Bosch, if i need to order a different set so wondering if anyone has any links to better ones than Bosch? Cheers

Peter D

Advanced Member
Cheers just had a look, that says the passenger one is 15" only? When i measured mine at 19"? :-s

£16.45 per blade too :-# I'll take a look at the site and maybe give them a call tomorrow cheers :)

Dan2020

Advanced Member
Peter D said:
Dan2020 said:
That ebay link for the fuel filter, doesn't look like the fuel filter on a DC5. Pretty sure they are a Honda only part too. Part no. 16010-S5A932

It should look like this:

And it's an in tank filter.
Just looking at this picture again, my Dad reckons this can't be right?? An in-tank filter surely wouldn't need changing for a service? Is there 2 filters on them? :-k :-k :-k

The in-tank filter wouldn't be an item you'd ever change for a service surely?

The fuel filter on the DC5 is meant to be a lifetime part I think, but as I was doing a full service I thought I'd do it anyway! Will never need to do it again now though.

That fuel filter you have looks like a B series one.

sinbad

Advanced Member
Peter D said:
Cheers just had a look, that says the passenger one is 15" only? When i measured mine at 19"? :-s

£16.45 per blade too :-# I'll take a look at the site and maybe give them a call tomorrow cheers :)
PIAA wipers are THE best wipers i think you can get.

Peter D

Advanced Member
Dan2020 said:
The fuel filter on the DC5 is meant to be a lifetime part I think, but as I was doing a full service I thought I'd do it anyway! Will never need to do it again now though.

That fuel filter you have looks like a B series one.
Hmm it's just strange that it's the in-tank filter, is there not an external filter, like on most cars where a fuel filter change is quite common for a service? If not then must just be the in-tank filter, which in that case i doubt i'll bother changing it, sounds like alot of hassle thats not required!

Cheers sinbad well if they're that good i might just have to fork out for them then \:D/

Peter D

Advanced Member
The company are saying they are certain the DC5 also has an external fuel filter, maybe near the bulkhead? :?:

Rob R

Advanced Member
I ordered mine through Dave, I asked for a fuel filter and what I got in the post was the same as what matey boy above posted