Servicing

oregato

Advanced Member
Right, I haven't serviced the DC5 myself as of yet, I normally get my mechanic to do it, the reason I don't do it myself these days is because I can't find the time, the weekends are spent with the missuses or out and about and the weekdays I'm normally working like a dog.

Seeing as the summer months and long evenings are upon us, I'm thinking of trying it myself.

When I had the Pulsar, I did it myself a few times, just a basic service mind you, just oil, filter and plugs.

Now, I want to do it on the Integra, I've a tool kit at home, I wouldn't say that I'm handy with the tools, but with time and patience (and seeing as I've done the Pulsar a good few times) it shouldn't be too difficult.. should it?

I mean, is the sump nut easily located? Will axel stands suffice to hold the car up?

Anything else I should keep an eye on??

Any general tips or advice would be great!

Also, any one in the Dublin area want to lend a hand?! I'll offer you a can of coke and a half eaten mars bar!

oregato

Advanced Member
Honda-atr said:
Here are the right ones and for a better price ;)
link

edit: product specific link added
Cheers man,

are they the same as the link I put up for ebay?

Anyone else care to share some hints/tips

VT-Doo

RushDoo
What's the difference between the different types of plugs on that site?
I was under the impression the laser ones were the old ones.

CHALKIE

Proud to be C/W.
oregato said:
Anyone else care to share some hints/tips
Oil and filter change,is a piece of pi$$,mate.

Raise the front,remove the sump plug and filter,drop the front,wait,(for the drops to become so far apart,you get bored watching, :lol: :lol: )

Replace the filter,rub a finger of oil around the new filter's rubber bit. :green:

Replace the sump plug.

Fill with your choice of oil.Job done. :idea:

Trouble is:You don't get a stamp. So if you sell it,it'll,only be your word,it was changed @ xx,xxx,miles.
You'll have to order your oil in advance,pick up a filter and set aside a couple of hours,for the deed.

It will be a very satisfying(sp), couple of hours, :lol: ,but you'll enjoy it,trust me.

Get to know,your Honda. :D :D

Guess who hit the 1664,early.??? :oops:

VT-Doo

RushDoo
chalkie said:
Trouble is:You don't get a stamp. So if you sell it,it'll,only be your word,it was changed @ xx,xxx,miles.
A stamp is worthless IMHO, keep your receipts.
Note the mileage on the back of them if you want to keep track ;)

oregato

Advanced Member
VT-Doo said:
chalkie said:
A stamp is worthless IMHO, keep your receipts.
Note the mileage on the back of them if you want to keep track ;)
That's exactly it, stamps are great, but I'd be just as content with a service booklet full of receipts for top grade oil and parts than a stamp from a garage - at least you know more detail of what has been put in the car etc.

Chalkie, that's great advice, sounds as simple as the Pulsar and that was pretty easy too.

Getting oil and filter won't be a problem, I should be able to pick them up during the weekend from the tuning factory.

Gearbox oil is the one I'll probably have to get someone else to do though.