Servicing

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
dazza said:
I've decided to get it done now well a few weeks anyway.
It's booked in at TGM in a few weeks time :D
I recently had a minor there. Just under £100 isn't bad!

fast_eddie

I know many taxi drivers who change their oil every 3k regardless. Some of them go on for 200 000 miles on a single engine(mostly Toyota's) -do a few clutches though!!

DC5TU

Advanced Member
TGM serviced mine, and i also had it done at BMW (misses works for them and got it free!!!)

Cant remember the service intervals, but i had it done when i bought it and before i sold it about 12months later

Always changed the oil every 3k or so though

Porchy

Just had mine serviced today at System R, 50k service, it cost £300 and am very happy with everything they did.

AdrianK

Advanced Member
£300 WOW, i had mine done at TGM, supplied my own oil/filter tho, but the service, buying rear camber arms and having full alignment setup done was only about £270, and the rear arms were about £130 of that!.

Was only a 36k ish service, but i had valve clearances etc... done again to be sure.

Porchy

You think 300 was bad, you should have seen the quote a local Honda dealer gave, not that I had any intention of going to a dealer, was just curious. As usual, the labour is the most expensive part, I think a fair amount of the time is taken up by the tappets. Either way, its done with now and my wallet is very light!

Raffe

Advanced Member
I had 36k service done, gearbox oil, new brake fluid and valve clearances and it was a shade over £200 at TGM 8)

bezza4

Advanced Member
Raffe said:
I had 36k service done, gearbox oil, new brake fluid and valve clearances and it was a shade over £200 at TGM 8)
Having the above done on Saturday, apart from the brake fluid. Tom at TGM said it would be £170.

dazza

Advanced Member
Mine's going in for-
Engine oil and filter
Gearbox oil
Brake hoses and fluid
Valve clearances

I think with the prices Tom gave me it worked out about 270ish :D

mikegsi

Staff member
Porchy said:
You think 300 was bad, you should have seen the quote a local Honda dealer gave, not that I had any intention of going to a dealer, was just curious. As usual, the labour is the most expensive part, I think a fair amount of the time is taken up by the tappets. Either way, its done with now and my wallet is very light!
what did they quote mate??

mine had its 'major' service (not 50k just alternate service schedule) the other month and it was only around £250, though i supplied oil/filter and air filter doesnt need doing

Raffe

Advanced Member
bezza4 said:
Raffe said:
Having the above done on Saturday, apart from the brake fluid. Tom at TGM said it would be £170.
Maybe he didnt like the look of me so bunged a bit on :lol: :lol:

bezza4

Advanced Member
mikegsi said:
mine had its 'major' service (not 50k just alternate service schedule) the other month and it was only around £250, though i supplied oil/filter and air filter doesnt need doing
What extra is done at a 50k service?

mikegsi

Staff member
bezza4 said:
mikegsi said:
What extra is done at a 50k service?
dunno mate, thats what i was hoping would be explained?

dazza

Advanced Member
Had mine serviced at TGM yesterday-

Engine oil & filter
Gearbox oil
Valve clearances
Braided brake lines and fluid

Came to £295 :D

First time i'd been to TGM and i'll be going back there from now on :D
Tom is a top guy and a wealth of knowledge with these cars and tells it how it is no BS 8) :D