She’s in the uk!!

wocka

Advanced Member
She‘s arrived at Torque GT safe and sound, it‘s getting close now and I can‘t flipping wait

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wocka

Advanced Member
Ooooo if you do take some sneaky pics and let me know what it‘s like

You picking one up tomorrow?

nails

Advanced Member
Haha sounds like I would have no way of telling whose car his whose. I suspect there will be several DC5's there in various states of prep. I will take some pics while I am there though :)

I can't do this whole buying blind thing, I have to see a car in the flesh to commit to it, so I am actually going down to view two stock cars, and one of them is not a DC5........

wocka

Advanced Member
To be honest I wish I had done that, still a fresh import etc but without the painful wait plus you get to see the car which was my biggest problem but I took the plunge and went for it

Well that‘s 2 dc5s there already. Mines the white one

DC5Curn

Advanced Member
nails said:
Haha sounds like I would have no way of telling whose car his whose. I suspect there will be several DC5's there in various states of prep. I will take some pics while I am there though :)

I can't do this whole buying blind thing, I have to see a car in the flesh to commit to it, so I am actually going down to view two stock cars, and one of them is not a DC5........
Look forward to the pictures. Its always a treat looking around Torque GTs stock. They have amazing cars there.

aleksboch

Advanced Member
I was going to buy an EK9 rx they had in stock once, but rejected it immediately when I saw it. Let me know if you see this EK9 there...

carl hammond

Advanced Member
I was going to buy an EK9 rx they had in stock once, but rejected it immediately when I saw it. Let me know if you see this EK9 there...
What was up with it as it looks like a nice example in the pics?

carl hammond

Advanced Member
She‘s arrived at Torque GT safe and sound, it‘s getting close now and I can‘t flipping wait

Awesome news mate, bet you can't wait :)

aleksboch

Advanced Member
carl hammond said:
What was up with it as it looks like a nice example in the pics?
Let's just say that I think they are very selective in what is shown in the photos. The front right wheel was not symmetrical with the left hand side, oil dripping/spray underneath and overall not really worth the premium price imo.

Mike9000

Advanced Member
Nice! Picked mine up two weeks ago after it landed in June, that was the worst wait ever. Watch out for spiders...

Made it home without breaking which was good and is now sat in the garage with various bits of trim removed for cleaning/refreshing. I might do pics/thread at some point when/if I can be arsed.

(Kinda wish I‘d waited for yours to come up Wocka, looks in better condition from the pics!)

Chrismartin

Advanced Member
aleksboch said:
Let's just say that I think they are very selective in what is shown in the photos. The front right wheel was not symmetrical with the left hand side, oil dripping/spray underneath and overall not really worth the premium price imo.
I agree with that (usual car dealers do same). Avoid bolster pictures etc.

wocka

Advanced Member
carl hammond said:
Awesome news mate, bet you can't wait :)
No I can‘t!!! Torque are keeping me updated though, it‘s been converted to mph now, Limiter removed, rear fog light fitted, passed mot with no advisories and today it‘s been in the workshop for a full check over with great feedback, having a few new parts fitted then onto the next stage

wocka

Advanced Member
Mike9000 said:
Nice! Picked mine up two weeks ago after it landed in June, that was the worst wait ever. Watch out for spiders...

Made it home without breaking which was good and is now sat in the garage with various bits of trim removed for cleaning/refreshing. I might do pics/thread at some point when/if I can be arsed.

(Kinda wish I‘d waited for yours to come up Wocka, looks in better condition from the pics!)
I hope it looks as good in the flesh as it does in the pics mate. I will be doing a build thread from the day I pick the car up, nice to keep it all in one place and good when you come to sell it

wocka

Advanced Member
aleksboch said:
99% of the things I hear are good things, they have been nothing but perfect for me so far, was very honest about the car and as I‘ve had one before I knew what to ask and what to look at.

Obviously I can‘t comment too much as I still haven‘t seen the car but so far absolutely no problems

wocka

Advanced Member
Chrismartin said:
I agree with that (usual car dealers do same). Avoid bolster pictures etc.
I see this a lot on most dc5s for sale, I went to see one before I went fresh import and it look amazing in the pics but just wasn‘t in person :(

Mike9000

Advanced Member
wocka said:
I hope it looks as good in the flesh as it does in the pics mate. I will be doing a build thread from the day I pick the car up, nice to keep it all in one place and good when you come to sell it
Yeah, true. I‘ve got a log of what I‘ve done so far. Mainly cleaning up the paint, replacing worn/weathered trim, indicators etc. Mine is pretty good, but there‘s a few issues I want to address, mainly cosmetic, which in my opinion should have been on the auction report.

My big surprise was the Mugen Showa suspension when I thought it was OEM, will probably put a thread together :)