She makes me happy

User

Advanced Member
Well I've been a DC5 owner now for two months.

Two bloody expensive months at that, but worth every penny ;)

Bought her from a dealer in Bristol, I remember turning up with my brother - went straight over and started nosing around looking for problems - half an hour later - couldnt find a god damn mark on it. Showroom condition, low mileage, still had the original tyres, still smelt new inside. I remember my brother turning to me and giving me the nod and saying "it's absolutely mint".

That was it for me - from that point she was mine.

The test drive was just a blur - except for the first time in VTEC - I remember her squiirming around - right bloody handfull but it put a huge grin on my face.

Since then it's been mods mods mods.

Bought a HKS cat back and Spoon filter - :)
Then I bought a Toda Manifold/Decat - :D
Then yesterday the Gruppe M went on - :shock:

No CEL's - no nothing - it's just taken the mods in it's stride. Most turbo cars would throw CEL's but Honda do things properly. 8)

Jesus she absolutely flies now and the noise is spine tingling.

But above all - it's the handling that wows me every time. Just totally sublime the way the car is balanced.

I've come from a 2004 WRX PPP - 260bhp and lots of torque but too heavy. The DC5 is now quicker in a straight line from rolling, and much quicker round the twisties and a damn sight more involving.

I'd rather lose a man nut than part with her now.

Thanks to this place for the usefull info - imho i've spent very wisely thanks to good advice and the search function.

8)

truffs

cool :lol: seems that you choose wisley young sire :shock:

Sorry for my igorance, whats CEL's :?:

andyd

Advanced Member
Nice!!

8) 8)

another happy punter with a DC5

i want mine back :cry: :cry:

Andy

fonz600

Advanced Member
The CEL light can take up to 50 miles before it comes on after Decat. I know it did with my CTR when I put the manifold on it.

andyd

Advanced Member
fonz600 said:
The CEL light can take up to 50 miles before it comes on after Decat. I know it did with my CTR when I put the manifold on it.
Thats the same as my CTR, but the ECU & emissions in a DC5 is a little difference. So some times it will not set off a CEL light.

Andy

fonz600

Advanced Member
Thats good to know. I hope when I fit the Spoon Mani to my DC5 there will be no need for an o2 sim then.

andyd

Advanced Member
fonz600 said:
Thats good to know. I hope when I fit the Spoon Mani to my DC5 there will be no need for an o2 sim then.

NOOOOOOOOO get the toda is cheaper and better :D

Andy

dobber

Advanced Member
andyd said:
fonz600 said:

NOOOOOOOOO get the toda is cheaper and better :D

Andy
Its not cheaper when you have already had it on your CTR before hand :)

Wish i had kept it now as im going to have to buy me a new manifold :lol:

Type-R 69

Advanced Member
fonz600 said:
done over 1000miles with my toda exhaust manifold and no CEL for me :D