Shelf conversion to support 6x9's?..

JOM

Advanced Member
Adz,

They look like 5.25" but try measuring the size of the grill.

Speakers normally fit into size catagories.

looking on the Infinty website the Acura RSX has 16.5cm and I would have thought we would have the same - so go figure.
:?

James

Unnamed_warrior

Advanced Member
Adz,

It was the SPR-134A 13cm DIN 5.25" defo the next size down from the 16cm SPR-174A

I have the fronts just balanced more for highs/mid and the rears Mid/base with more faded to the rear than the front .. and then +6 on the Sub to give it that all round base sound...

Does the trick for me :wink:

Oh and incase you haven't noticed the speakers have a nice big red "R" in the middle for Racing :p LOL

not that anyone sees it but still :roll:

UW

Adz

Advanced Member
Nice One.. Im still gonna go with my 6x9's, but the front speakers are next job.. so lookin for some nice Mids n' tweets..
How did you find running the power and the preamps for the sub?.. Was the ITR interior a pain to run through?.. Ne tips?

Cheers, Adz

Unnamed_warrior

Advanced Member
The only problem i had mate was trying to feed the wire from the battery thou the front of the car... you see there is no bloody gomits to feed the wire thou and there isn't much of a gap to get your hand in behind the induction kit... remembering I have the Mugen induction which is a big box...

So I had to remove that first then try to poke a hanger thou a VERY tight gomit with the wire attached to it.. after lots of swearing I got it though.. the rest was easy ... the door seals come off easy and the carpet popped up with out problems... I was able to feed the wire all the way though the car and it popped up by the left hand passager side... then took the rear seat out and fed it under that ... Remember my Sub has the amp built on to it so Once I place the sub in (AMP attached) job done..

Took 3 hrs for me and my mate to put all four speakers in and the sub..

UW

Unnamed_warrior

Advanced Member
Erm said:
so are we all in agreement here?

fronts: 13cm
Rears: 16cm

:?:
correct .....

Unless you have the speaker bracket for the front doors then I think you can fit 16cm all round

Thats what I was going to fit but when I took the door panel's off there was no bracket and I didnt fancy cutting the speaker hole in the door to make it bigger

Thats why they can fit 16cm to RSX's because they are using the speaker bracket...

UW