Shell Fuel Card

drivebymonkey

Advanced Member
Went to my local shell garage today when i was a approached by a man with a clipboard.

normaly i dont give these people the time of day asumming they are going to waste my time with pointless questionaires and endless forms to fill out.

however his opening line was more than enough to spike my interest... "do you want to save 6p a litre on all the fuel you buy at any shell garage?". "Is the Pope a Catholic?" i replied... this went over his head a bit but he continued anyway.

He said that if i filled out this form i would recieve a shell fuel card through the post and for every litre of fuel i bought they would deposit 6p in my bank account at the end of the month.

thought it might be worth letting you guys know so you can ask at your local shell garage. i reckon it will save me about 15 quid a month, which i know is not alot but better off in my pocket than theirs!! also means it take the price of optimax down to about 95p a litre.

anyone already got one of these cards? does it work well? and how much are you saving?

:D :D

Hope4sun

I've got a V-Power club card, but not seen his one, though they are promoting a credit card with 5p back on fuel purchases for 60 days or something if i recall, but that's not a fuel card, so must be new. Will be sure to check next time I'm filling up (every other day currently :shock: :wink: )

Andy

BadBadtz

Advanced Member
Sounds liked you just signed up for a CitiBank credit card!

They are offering a special rate of 6% rebate when used at Shell for only the first 60days :wink:

CLICKY

drivebymonkey

Advanced Member
i asked him if it was a credit card and he said it wasnt, he compared it to a nectar card. and according to the shell website you get 5p back on a litre of fuel not the 6p he said.

i couldnt complete the form anyhow because i didnt have all the details on me he wanted. they said they would call so i will ask a few more questions.

:D

BadBadtz

Advanced Member
drivebymonkey said:
i asked him if it was a credit card and he said it wasnt, he compared it to a nectar card. and according to the shell website you get 5p back on a litre of fuel not the 6p he said.

i couldnt complete the form anyhow because i didnt have all the details on me he wanted. they said they would call so i will ask a few more questions.

:D
Sounds defo like a credit card to me!

Zani

Advanced Member
sorry but this 5p a litre saving is total

And to prove it.... i got my first fuel discount voucher the other week.

I spent £1600 in fuel and i got a £8 voucher. Yes only £8

If thier saving amount was true, id have gotten back closer to £80 not £8

I am beyond furious, for that amount i'm not going to even bother carrying my card around any more. and having to remember to hand it in each time.

Meh!

BadBadtz

Advanced Member
Zani said:
sorry but this 5p a litre saving is total

And to prove it.... i got my first fuel discount voucher the other week.

I spent £1600 in fuel and i got a £8 voucher. Yes only £8

If thier saving amount was true, id have gotten back closer to £80 not £8

I am beyond furious, for that amount i'm not going to even bother carrying my card around any more. and having to remember to hand it in each time.

Meh!
I think you're getting confused with the Shell points card and the CitiBank credit card :wink:

Rick_1138

Advanced Member
its useless for me as the only shell station near me is the centre of town and it would add 2 miles just to get there as i work south of town and only pass the outskirts.

petrol stations i pass are either National\BP (ultimate unleaded is 1.12!) and a sainsburys)

only the BP has super.

the only thing i can get closer is Tesco 99 Ron stuff, is this classed as the right high octane stuff for ITR?

or does it have to be V-power etc.

drivebymonkey

Advanced Member
Its all about the Octance rating (basically how explosive the fuel is).

the national standard for fuel in japan is 100 RON, and here it is 95. thats why people use the higher octnace fuels (v-power, ultimate, tesco 99 etc).

some people (like myself) swear by v-power for better ecomony and better performance, however alot of people dont notice a difference. when i first got my teg i used tesco 99 for a while because it was cheaper, but i switched to because v-power because i tried it and liked it, then i worked it out and the price difference was negligable.

at the end of the day its down to you.

HTH :D