Shell V Power and Tesco 99

Rom

Advanced Member
Ive never used octane boosters. Always heard / read they are wishful thinking.

http://youtu.be/2jbcCr2ll3c

http://youtu.be/gQghB4asSnI

One thing i do use is fuel system cleaners. Not because of this video im linking, only just found that. I think this is a once in a while thing, and i think after the first 1 or 2, theres no difference. My logic, is on newly acquired cars, it will help clean any junk built up from using poor quality fuel etc.
In theory, V Power should do the same.

http://youtu.be/03nL8Z0dRkI

How the hell do you embed youtube links ? I thought IP Board was meant to do it for you ?

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
Hey peeps,

Was chatting to my mate yesterday about fuel, mainly V power and Momentum 99.

I was telling him how I'd ran mine off V Power full to the brim and the car was running beautifully and then I'd put £30 in of Momentum99 and it ran really poorly so we started discussing other fuels, he wasn't aware that the DC5 is mapped to 100 RON in Japan so V power is probably the nearest thing to it but he reckons BP Ultimate is 102 RON.

Is this correct? If so, wouldn't this be better for our cars then no and does anyone run this fuel?

Mark_teg

Staff member
Crazylegs said:
Hey peeps,

Was chatting to my mate yesterday about fuel, mainly V power and Momentum 99.

I was telling him how I'd ran mine off V Power full to the brim and the car was running beautifully and then I'd put £30 in of Momentum99 and it ran really poorly so we started discussing other fuels, he wasn't aware that the DC5 is mapped to 100 RON in Japan so V power is probably the nearest thing to it but he reckons BP Ultimate is 102 RON.

Is this correct? If so, wouldn't this be better for our cars then no and does anyone run this fuel?
I thought the fuel in Japan was 101ron, but I wouldn't argue.. Feel free to use BP Ultimate, but it's about £2.50 per litre (possibly more)!

CaLi

Vtec Yoooooooo
They used to do a 102 ron at a handful of stations years ago but it didnt last long

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
My mate seems to think the BP garage near us runs 102 RON, can't see it personally but will check it out next time I need to fuel up.

Regarding price, V Power is already pricier than the Ultimate, or are you saying it's 2.50 more per litre than Shell?

wocka

Advanced Member
I used to use only vpower but then i decided to try tesco 99 as its closer to my house, i used to get around 220 miles to a full tank of vpower (i do 4 mile of town driving to work everyday) but with tesco i get between 280-320!! Huge difference and its cheaper, i dont notice any difference in how the car runs or performs either

My girlfriend has a corsa vxr and she also used to use vpower but after seeing the miles i gained with tesco she has now switched and also gets more miles per tank

cjh1981

Advanced Member
Same here really could tell the diff between the 2, V-Power for me. One of those choices us DC5 owners have to make that will split opinion I guess.