Shell V-Power to replace Optimax.

SpaceMonkey

Advanced Member
DPM9876 said:
I thought I'll post this on both forums.

Shell Optimax is to be replace be V-Power very soon. The UK version of V-Power will be 99ron and not 100ron which is seen in other countries. All Shell Retailers have been invited to a launch day at the end of the month.
Shell are in the process of running down stocks of Optimax to a level where V-Power can be mixed.

I'm not sure when the official name change will be, but it will be a lengthy process to change all signage on sites, update all IT equipment and the Optimax signage on tankers will need to be removed or replaced. It will probably remain similarly priced to Optimax.

Shell also plan to release V-Power Diesel in the UK, its a high performance diesel and the same which was used by Audi at Le-Mans.
Something that came off the TRO CLICKY

lockwood77

Advanced Member
If this is a ploy to assist them in raising Optimax prices to those of BP Ultimate, they can FRO!

Also, it may explain why my handiest Shell garage hasn't had Optimax for weeks. :(

mikegsi

Staff member
whens very soon though? need to time my fill up for croft?!

will k-pro users need to get mapped again due to the increase in octane?

SpaceMonkey

Advanced Member
mikegsi said:
whens very soon though? need to time my fill up for croft?!

will k-pro users need to get mapped again due to the increase in octane?
I think it's due within the next couple of months (Canny remember for defo, sorry :oops: )

I'd say yes to a remap tbh :p

crxvtec

Advanced Member
Just heard about this from a Scooby owner...though he was whittling on about it being 102 RON (I don't think so either).

I'll give it a trial - it should run even better than Tesco 99, which is my current fave. Problem is the nearest Shell station's 2.5 miles away.

SpaceMonkey

Advanced Member
crxvtec said:
Just heard about this from a Scooby owner...though he was whittling on about it being 102 RON (I don't think so either).

I'll give it a trial - it should run even better than Tesco 99, which is my current fave. Problem is the nearest Shell station's 2.5 miles away.
Won't be 102RON mate, 99-100 tops I reckon.
Still will be plenty cleaner than anything else as Optimax was.

My nearest Shell is about the same distance mate, but worth the extra effort imo.

crxvtec

Advanced Member
Yep I agree 102 is a little far fetched as very few cars in the UK need it - plus it would send the cost spiralling. 99-100 will do me - IIRC the teg's mapped for 100RON in Japan so it should lap it up.

All we need now is for the rest of them (Texaco, BP, Esso et al) to catch up...I hate running on vapour and looking for Tesco!