She's booked into with Tom...

SpaceMonkey

Advanced Member
Yup thats right, she's booked in @ TGM for the 16th September.

Been speaking to Tom about having some bits done & the jobs on the list for that day are:

TGM Spec Baffled Sump being fitted
ESMM being fitted
Oil & filter change (Obviously)
Sard catch tank & breather being fitted

The catch tank will be fitted with aeroquip hoses & fittings & Tom will be having these knocked up before the day.
Also gonna try to have the thing powder coated yellow to match the rocker cover if I have time (Courtesy of a friends idea) But gotta wait till it turns up to see if can be done & if I have time tbh.

He'll also be looking @ how much of a pig it will to wrap the manifold, but thinks it's gonna be a pain due to the flexi pipes. :?
But if it can be done nice & neatly & time permits, that will also be done.

I'm really looking forward to it tbh :oops: :D . Sad I know, but feels like I'll be putting my own stamp on the car & also building on the quality mods Livvy & Paul had done when they owned the car.

Suped

Advanced Member
nice job card there mate. Might pop down there next month to check out ya mods. :lol:

SpaceMonkey

Advanced Member
Suped said:
nice job card there mate. Might pop down there next month to check out ya mods. :lol:
Come along mate :wink:

DTM - The catch tank is going on to stop any dirty oily air going back in through the TB mate, the breather is more cosmetic than anything else tbh.

dan the man

Advanced Member
So with mine not having one i could be fouling up my throtte body and any sensors in there?

SpaceMonkey

Advanced Member
dan the man said:
So with mine not having one i could be fouling up my throtte body and any sensors in there?
It just collects any oil residue that may go into the TB Dan.

I'll know how much it's removing after some miles with it on.

Wootty

Advanced Member
Was just gong to post that thread of mine for you.

Be interested in knowing how much that catch tank solution costs - might just get one off ebay for the moment as now I'm paranoid having seen the ammount of crap being fed back into the throttle body and engine :shock:

SpaceMonkey

Advanced Member
Wootty said:
Was just gong to post that thread of mine for you.

Be interested in knowing how much that catch tank solution costs - might just get one off ebay for the moment as now I'm paranoid having seen the ammount of crap being fed back into the throttle body and engine :shock:
I have a SARD catch tank on order & should be here within in the next 10 days or so.

It's cost me £75ish for the tank, but Tom will be having aeroquip hoses & fittings knocked up for me. Also gonna powder coat it if I have a chance time wise :wink:

Suped

Advanced Member
kinda to get it... maybe Evs can explain in laymen's terms exactly the affect of removing the crankcase pipe directly to the intake pipe and what the article implies when using a catch tank at different height. Got abit lost (yawned twice also) on the boosted part.