Shift rod replacement

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
Can the rod be replaced on its own, or am I better off getting an entire kit including the bushes?

Basically the one that goes forwards and backwards on mine bent at Donington, this made 2nd, 4th and 6th etc feel like sludge. See my excellent MS Paint edited picture.

I've bent it back the other way by way of hammer, but I think it'll just happen again so I want to cure it.

This is the rod I mean.

At the shifter end. I have a B&M short shifter fitted and I like the gearchange but I'd like to get it fixed permanently.

2ndy

Advanced Member
The rod isnt listed from Honda seperately so im guessing its new cable time, Suppose its a good excuse for an upgrade! Would probably go with hybrid racing rather than ktuned also

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
The rod isnt listed from Honda seperately so im guessing its new cable time, Suppose its a good excuse for an upgrade! Would probably go with hybrid racing rather than ktuned also
Okay thanks, do you know who stocks them and if anyone has any discounts? I'll try my usual places still.

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
I can't seem to find a UK stockist of Hybrid Racing, Tegiwa have K-Tuned race in stock.

2ndy

Advanced Member
HR imports, they're in the traders section. I got my fuell line and fuel rail through him, took a few weeks as it comes from the states but prices was very competitive

Jinis dust

Advanced Member
as said above i very much doubt that just the rod can be replaced.

i cant comment on the HR but i had a set of k tuned cables and absolutely hated them. made it feel like the gearbox was broke lol! really tight and stiff to change gear. ( some people must like it though?)

back to oem now and love it

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

jrscho

Advanced Member
I'm the complete opposite, K tuned over hybrid racing. I've read numerous bad reviews of the hybrid racing shifters etc, sloppy feel and what not. Haven't heard much about the cables however...

Which is why I ended up buying the k tuned shifter, bought the street version and i love it. Wasn't a fan of the race spec as I liked how you can adjust the street one, and as a daily felt like it was better for me. Everyone who bought it from the group buy seem happy also, so haven't really heard anything bad! Shifting feels fantastic. (Previously had buddyclub and felt like it was quite sloppy, could be due to a worn bush but excuse for a new shifter lol). Even ended up buying the k tuned race spec cables, reason for race was I read the street version is oem equivalent so didn't see a point buying them and opted for race instead. Shifting feels even better and more precise, it does feel stiff and tight as said but I don't mind the extra bit of work for the more better gear feel.. Personal preference i guess! Also have the MTEC race Spring which made it harder to change gear, but I love my set up.

But that being said a lot of money for some cables and a shifter together..

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
After speaking with Rich at Performance Autoworks I've decided to get some KTuned OEM shifter cables, which are OEM spec but more durable than OEM. I asked about the race version, and Rich said they're only really suitable for the billet shifter which I don't have.

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
Well they've been fitted and I have my car back.

Not a fan of them to be honest, the gearchange feels quite stiff.

p1tse

Advanced Member
Quick turnaround and update

Always a shame when fitting "upgrades" and then not liking it

Do you think you'll stick with them?

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
I'm not sure, I need to drive the car more I think as it was only a 25 minute drive home. However after a few minutes I wasn't keen on the feel so I'll have to see how it goes.

spooke

Advanced Member
Chris. said:
I'm not sure, I need to drive the car more I think as it was only a 25 minute drive home. However after a few minutes I wasn't keen on the feel so I'll have to see how it goes.
I was looking at these, is it a uncomfortable feeling or just has no play? I feel my shifter is pretty sloppy at times, I have the K-Tuned Spring and Pivot ball fitted.

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
It just feels like there's more resistance when shifting. I even mis-shifted which I don't normally do. Maybe it's the clutch though and the cables have exaggerated a tired clutch. The car has done nearly 69k and it's still on the original.

spooke

Advanced Member
Chris. said:
It just feels like there's more resistance when shifting. I even mis-shifted which I don't normally do. Maybe it's the clutch though and the cables have exaggerated a tired clutch. The car has done nearly 69k and it's still on the original.
Interesting, I'll whip the airbox and plastic surround off and see if I can see where the play is coming from. If it looks to be the cables I may give them ago as atm it feels wobbly... maybe it's that bolt in the selector that works itself loose?