Shifter arm delrin bush install

wocka

Advanced Member
Hello all and welcome to the send bush install

I‘ve found this one to majorly increase the in gear play over the neutral play

So let‘s get started, all you need is a Philips screw driver

You can follow the first delrin guide to get most of the covers off so I won‘t go in too much detail

Remove the panel where the 12v output is, this just clips in to place so pull from the corner and work your way around then then disconnect the power

Now remove the gearknob by unscrewing if anti-clockwise, then pull up the top cover, start where the cup holders are and it will pop off. Remove this completely

Pop off the cover where the handbrake is, pull from the handbrake side first

Now unscrew the 4 visible screws, 2 by where the 12v panel was and 2 further down by the gear stick

Now pull off the 2 covers either side, I went from the dash side and worked my way to the back

Now you need to unscrew 4 screws that hold the rest of the centre console in, there is one at the front of the seat and then pull the seat back and there is one at the back, both sides of the car

On the middle 2 (front of seat location) also pull the plastic cup/washer things

Now you should be able to lift the whole console out, put it to one side out the way

Now you have access to the shifter arm, remove the cable by removing the pin and sliding the bolt out

Now look the the bolt head with the plastic tab over it on the passenger side, carefully move the tab to one side and slide the bolt out

Now move the back spring so it sits on to the back of the arm

Now push the shifter forward and wiggle it out, I found pushing the gear stick to the right helped it out :)

Now turn the bush 90 degrees and if will slide right out (only one side)

Now slide the new black bush the same way the white one came out, you can only do this from one side, look for the cut outs

Now turn the bush into place, this is quite hard as the bushes are a very tight fit but it just go round with some force

Now fit it all back together in the reverse order and job done

But hold on, before you put your centre console back on..... is your handbrake quote high? Let‘s adjust it while you can, mine is now on 1-2 clicks

Look at the back of the handbrake, you will see 2 cables going into a T piece with a nut and thread coming out of it, take the handbrake off (foot on the brake if you need to) get a 12mm spanner and adjust this clockwise, lift the handbrake and check until your happy with it

I apologise this guide isn‘t as detailed as the last one, my 2 year old is still up!!!! And I have a headache

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

moody_mage

Thanks, clear guide as always :)

Do you not need to test the spin of the wheel to see how engaged the handbrake is when adjusting it?

wocka

Advanced Member
Well yes you should, I was actually planning on doing it tomorrow to make sure they spin freely still but I‘ve been out for a drive and doesn‘t feel like it‘s dragging

Crackfox

Advanced Member
Might need one of your guide for putting it back. Those 2 bolts on the back where a bitch to get back in when i lost my torch under the handbrake last time.

wocka

Advanced Member
Crackfox said:
Might need one of your guide for putting it back. Those 2 bolts on the back where a bitch to get back in when i lost my torch under the handbrake last time.
Will PM you