Shifter split pins

tron2k3

Advanced Member
One of the split pins on my shifter has snapped, does anyone know where I can get a replacement?

TIA

Will

vt-marty

Advanced Member
if it s literally a split pin in the old sense of the word then any diy/handyman store should stock them.....i have a drawer full of them in the garage :lol:

if its a machined item specifically for the job then its a dealer part i guess...

but even if that is the case a standard type split pin may do the job in teh short term....

tron2k3

Advanced Member
thanks,

I'll pop to b&q after work. I thought about a paperclip but wasn't quite sure, I'll give it a try.

vt-marty

Advanced Member
tron2k3 said:
thanks,

I'll pop to b&q after work. I thought about a paperclip but wasn't quite sure, I'll give it a try.
not seen the exact location of this pin so cant be totally sure but if the pin is working by relying on its shear strength then a paperclip of similar thicknes shoudl get you away for the time being. or several paperclips to achieve the thickness

total scrapheap challenge of a repair but if it works dont fret. just get it sorted.

dont do any racing type gearchanges like, you dont want to put any undue stress on it and have the papeeclip break to.

tron2k3

Advanced Member
Paperclip no longer required got a box of them for £2 from Halfords :D