SHIFTING TIPS

kelvin_huang

Armenomania said:
Hancock said:
ejwillistyles said:
IMO wheel hop is also a lot to do with tyres :idea:
definitely, mine was awful for wheel hop when i had the car imported with cheap jap tyres on.
Guys i personally have YOKOHAMA ADVAN and my brother on his DC5 has Pirelli...both of us experience the same thing... what tires would you suggest?
What I would say is also keep the tires in their working tempreture.

TyperItr

Advanced Member
Bridgestone potenza and turenza both hop. maybe if they are sticky tyres on a track. In my opinion for sure it will not matter on the road. I know when rolling in the wet the bridgestones have great grip

coyote_dc5

Administrator
Staff member
That vid is peachy!! Shame about that fella over the barriers ](*,)

Must say that 5 went well. Seemed to pull very aggressively through all gears inc 5 surprisingly. Maybe different gearbox? Crazy that it seems you can race competitively in this event without a full roll-cage :xconfused:

I've heard people mention inserts and replacing mounts altogether. is there a difference? Mine are standard at this stage what would people recommend as minimum i.e. which mounts to solve wheel hop and how much can I expect to pay inc labour and parts?

George K

Advanced Member
I've gone all the way from import tyres through to soft track tyres, ETD and/or EMMs as well as adjustable suspension (AST) - promise you that the only thing that makes a real difference is the right foot. Different surfaces are a significant factor, but as soon as wheelspin starts, if you keep the power on you will be into wheel hop and lots of banging and crashing - and a slower launch. Every time I do a start we get a 64 feet time, so I get an immediate cross reference. As an aside the ETD helps more than a single front EMMS mount. You also need quite a lot of droop at the front - 60 - 75mm minimum, to allow for rearward weight transfer.