Shinny break discs ?

Phil r type

Advanced Member
Hello, since going on track I've noticed my disc's are abit shinny . I think I may of cooked them ? They are not warped and there is no lip and seem to work fine , but when I had a bit of work done at my local ( mission motor sport ) he said looks like you cooked your breaks at some point ha ha ha . I said are they OK and he said yes but I'd change them ? (His English is not fab) what you guys think ? Do then or will they be fine as theeo not that old . thanks :)

ferret

Mine are the same since I went on the track at the weekend but as you said they seem to work fine....be interesting to see what the experienced people say

Johngreen537

Advanced Member
Don't suppose you've just put new pads on Phil?

Shiney disks (glazing) are usually caused by old pad dust being cooked due to heavy hot braking, and usually happens after new pads.

You can try rubbing down the disk with some emery cloth to take the shine away, but you'll probably find the pads slightly glazed too, so they'll need rubbing down. Once that's done, clean all the old dust away so it doesn't cook again.

If they don't squeal like pigs though, I'd just drive it Bentley for a while and see if it wears off naturally.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk