Shiny new parts

Rob R

Advanced Member
Had a box turn up today

Inside it

K Tuned OEM/ Street spec shifter cables

Come with their shifter bushes pre-installed

And then, the holy grail. K Tuned shifter unit

Have also ordered the shifter box bushes as well to mount it on. Going in Monday.

James-T

Advanced Member
I can't wait to have a feel of your knob, and see how precise your shaft is when it's slipped in.

Rob R

Advanced Member
Don't think I've ever seen anything so well made (other than myself)

Rob R

Advanced Member
Have no idea mate as it's sat in a box in my room lol.

I'd imagine you can adjust it to a height where it is concealed if needed. I think it looks bigger than it is (said the vicar to the choir boy) but the OEM one is longer than you expect when not covered as well

-james-

Work of art.. I have the Ktuned Billet shift arm installed which transformed the gear change - can't imagine how good their complete shifter is.
Looking forward to feedback.

dave7368

Advanced Member
it's an awful lot better than hybrid racings effort at a shifter.. my k-tuned one will be going back in very soon..

Rob R

Advanced Member
dave7368 said:
it's an awful lot better than hybrid racings effort at a shifter.. my k-tuned one will be going back in very soon..
What's up with the HR one? You only changed them over the week didn't you?

dave7368

Advanced Member
Rob R said:
What's up with the HR one? You only changed them over the week didn't you?
just over a week ago yes, it feels sloppy and vague, not really a positive engagement of gears can be felt,
it doesn't centralize in the neutral position, easily miss gears, can't change from 5th to 3rd without jiggling
the stick about in neutral for a few seconds, the stick hits against the console when in 6th gear and getting
reverse is impossible without the whole centre console being forced over towards the driver seat, this
fouling can not be adjusted out as it's the bottom part of the stick catching which is fixed to the floor
mounting plate of the shifter.... in my opinion it's bad enough that i wouldn't even sell it onto anyone!

kneedowndean

Advanced Member
Exactly the same engrade as I fancy. I understand the shifter is a fairly straight forward swap, and will hide underneath standard plastics and gaitor if you want. Be interested to hear how big a job the cable change is.

Rob R

Advanced Member
dave7368 said:
just over a week ago yes, it feels sloppy and vague, not really a positive engagement of gears can be felt,
it doesn't centralize in the neutral position, easily miss gears, can't change from 5th to 3rd without jiggling
the stick about in neutral for a few seconds, the stick hits against the console when in 6th gear and getting
reverse is impossible without the whole centre console being forced over towards the driver seat, this
fouling can not be adjusted out as it's the bottom part of the stick catching which is fixed to the floor
mounting plate of the shifter.... in my opinion it's bad enough that i wouldn't even sell it onto anyone!
Other than that not too bad then! What cables you running with yours?

kneedowndean said:
Exactly the same engrade as I fancy. I understand the shifter is a fairly straight forward swap, and will hide underneath standard plastics and gaitor if you want. Be interested to hear how big a job the cable change is.
Cables don't look "too" bad a job. But then I would say that as I'm not doing them lol.

dotty said:
How much was that, usdm raven ?
Enough... Luckily my Wonga loan came through.

sam g

Banned
dave7368 said:
that's some review lol. you say you wouldn't sell it.. would you give it away? ;)

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
Quite a damning review of the Hybrid Racing shifter unit. Is it that bad? The K Tuned one does look fantastic, looks so strong and well built too.

dave7368

Advanced Member
Crazylegs said:
Quite a damning review of the Hybrid Racing shifter unit. Is it that bad? The K Tuned one does look fantastic, looks so strong and well built too.
yep, it is what it is, just my opinion of what i think they are like...

Rob R said:
Other than that not too bad then! What cables you running with yours?
apart from that, great! i'm using OEM cables, but i don't see any relevance in that question as i used both shifters with the same cables...

sam g said:
that's some review lol. you say you wouldn't sell it.. would you give it away? ;)
PM me your details, you can have it if you pay postage!..