shock at the cheapness of 01 dc5's

cameroon95

Advanced Member
To be honest, i think they are still a wee bitty overpriced for being nearly ten years old. There are many other cars the same age that have suffered worst fates in terms of depreciation. Look at a Mazda RX8 for example, you can pick one up for about 4/5k now.

I think the DC5 gets off with it due to it's rareness.

Grov

Banned
Of course it does, you've got a lot less to choose from.

If it was made in the UK, each car would probably be 1-2k less.

integraleo

Advanced Member
bought my 51 plate a week after christmas from a dealer with 82k for £8000
didnt think that was too bad

YENRAV

Advanced Member
Bought mine in March '10.

53 plate with 44k

Tad over 11k

Its inevitable. I would dread too think what i would get the my teg now. Going to keep it as long as possible so im not that bothered.

cameroon95

Advanced Member
oregato said:
Bought mine over a year ago for around €12k it was spotless and a fresh import.

Any car could have been ragged by the old owner, it's always a risk when you buy any of these cars.

I know a fella that gives his M3 full beans in the morning as soon as he leaves his house, madness :shock:

As for the sale price, I'm not too worried for myself, the car is a more of a weekend treat for myself and I don't get to use it every day. Which means that when I go for a spin in it, it still puts a smile to my face.

What I'm wary about, is the fact that these low prices could entice the image of, the Glanza/Civic/AE86 brigade. Now, I've nothing against the cars I've mentioned, in fact, part of me still craves for a Glanza Turbo as a run about, but the image that is tarred on these cars is really bad.. All down to the minority.

Insurance can be a problem for some people with these cars which could also lead to people having/wanting to sell up.

I actually drive a glanza and i'm looking at getting a DC5 :lol: .

cpoh

Advanced Member
I think its more a case that they are hideously overpriced in the UK, 8k sterling for a 10 year old dc5 is insane money!

Stoo

Whining.....
cpoh said:
I think its more a case that they are hideously overpriced in the UK, 8k sterling for a 10 year old dc5 is insane money!
Depreciation aside, a car is worth what someone will pay.....

kingston

Advanced Member
Or theres more money on the mainland and a bigger target audience for when selling.

RX8's are going cheap as their not that economical on petrol/oil and in this day and age its what is swinging peoples ideology.

DC5 prices should stabilise (in theory) due to the limited numbers coming over and the minor profit margins that importers can make from them make them not worthy of importing (in my opinion). At one point, when the yen/gbp ratio was amazing, the market was 'flooded' by them which drove down prices overnight and 'helped' get them to where they are today.

jon-dc5

Advanced Member
donedeal has car prices all over the shop,
one fella puts up his car for 2grand less then everyone else because he's stuck
for money/moving abroad or the car is a heap of dirt and suddenly thats the new market price
for that car,it's mad.it's happening with all the car makes.

A few of those dc5's seem to be changing hands regulary and popping back up
for sale every few months which aint a good sign.

im awaiting news on a work visa abroad and if i decide to sell mine it will be going up for what i think it's worth,
not the donedeal price,because i know how well it was looked after and treated.

if it didn't sell il'l gladly hold onto it as it's the best car ive owned yet and nothing else
out there really interests me,bar a cw fd2 :twisted: