Short shifter - Buddyclub VS Tegiwa

Lewis93

Advanced Member
As above has anybody tried both, is the difference in price for the Buddyclub worth it?

Lewis93

Advanced Member
Has the Buddyclub shifter been discontinued I can't find it on Buddyclub UK only on eBay from the states with £30-40 postage.

Mark_teg

Staff member
My car has the Tegiwa and I've operated a buddyclub S.S in a parked car.
I'm sure you know this Lewis, but just in case you don't, the buddyclub replaces the whole assembly whereas the Tegiwa is an addition/modification do the existing unit, hence the price difference.

The buddyclub definitely has the better feel but the Tegiwa is great for a 'quick-fix' so to speak.. A great improvement over OEM at a bargain price with no negatives after a few years use.

I recall the buddyclub having a few problems in the early days, they probably fixed this sharpish on warranty (iirc). The person owning the car I tried hadn't had any problems with his. The Tegiwa requires a hole drilling to the existing unit to fit.

There's also more recent shifters to look at like the K-tuned and Hybrid racing, which look sublime and have the advantages of lots of adjustments.

HTH

Lewis93

Advanced Member
I did know that Mark but thanks for the input. I wasn't really a fan of drilling into the OEM shifter box either to be honest.

I think Jono is going to sort me out with the Buddyclub one I'm just waiting to hear back from him now but wasn't aware of the K-tuned or Hybrid Racing ones. I know B&M make one however didn't want to risk it not being there in the period I'm back in the UK as it'll be coming from the states by the looks of things.

Looking forward to getting it fitted accompanied with a Skunk2 weighted gear knob. :)

Mark_teg

Staff member
Good to hear mate, though I'm sure I saw you considering selling on FB the other day ;) I'm guessing another wind up!..

The weighted gearknob changes the shift feel by itself so changing both will be like shifting in a different car :)

Lewis93

Advanced Member
Hmm it does go through my head sometimes for various reasons, the main one being I've only seen the car for 4 or 5 weeks in the last year.

As soon as someone asked me what colour the interior was I just thought as if I'm ever actually going to sell it, who am I trying to kid haha.

I have quite a few others bits to go on in the space of a few days, Mugen rear lip is on now, shifter bits, Mtec discs, DS2500 pads, braided lines, Motul RBF 600 fluid, Eibach coilovers and FRSU and a custom steering wheel along with all my new detailing bits sat at home. Excited much!

RE Spirit

Parts Trader
Just to confirm, there is no more buddyclub short shifters as they are now completely discontinued.