Should I keep phoning around?

JezW

Advanced Member
It's that time of the year for me. I've been quoted:

£545 Adrian Flux
£562 Greenlight
£688 Sainsburys

I'm 25, 7 years no claims, 1 year driving the DC5, about 7,000 miles/year, clean license, and my car's kept in a garage and in a good postcode (I think!). I use my car to drive to work and I'm looking at fully comp with protected no claims.

Has anyone in a similar situation got a better quote elsewhere? Looking around the forum it looks like those are pretty good prices. The guy I spoke to at Adrian Flux was trying to convince me that no one would be able to beat their quote, and even mentioned that Green light would be the only insurer to come close.

Thanks guys

mikey_t8

Advanced Member
other insurance brokers you should definitely try out are: Chris Knott, Sky, and Brentacre..

also, for some people, the car being parked on the street is cheaper than the car being parked in a garage..

mike.williams

Advanced Member
there good prices, last year i was paying around £8-900 but i was 24 with 7ncb obviously area plays a big part

insurance is supposed to get cheaper once you hit 25. im not insuring mine till next year now as its off the road

tico_87

Advanced Member
Mark_teg said:
I know, it's who I'd choose though due to their service :p
ahh lol second that. I am with greenlight :D awesome to deal with & beat my renewal from brentacre by a big sum.

Mark_teg

Staff member
tico_87 said:
ahh lol second that. I am with greenlight :D awesome to deal with & beat my renewal from brentacre by a big sum.
<br /><br />I'm hoping when they send me next years renewal it'll be realistic too, which they promised me it would.. Not trying it on like the rest of them!

wj51fut

Advanced Member
As said. Keith Michaels for me. Either that or Sky. I found Adrian flux to be too expensive.

Riz

Advanced Member
Looks pretty good.

Most people I know wouldn't touch Adrian Flux with a barge pole though. Not that I've used them myself.

JezW

Advanced Member
Thanks the the responses guys. I've read good things about Greenlight elsewhere so will bear that in mind when I speak to other insurers.

I'll call Sky, Chris Knott, Brent Acre, Ketih Michaels and Prestige...I'll let you know what happens.

Mark_teg

Staff member
Riz said:
Looks pretty good.<br /><br />Most people I know wouldn't touch Adrian Flux with a barge pole though. Not that I've used them myself.
<br /><br />I've read this many times, not sure why?!..<br />I've been with Adrian Flux and claimed with them, they were great!<br />It was a few years ago mind you (and not the Teg).

Riz

Advanced Member
Mark_teg said:
<br /><br />I've read this many times, not sure why?!..<br />I've been with Adrian Flux and claimed with them, they were great!<br />It was a few years ago mind you (and not the Teg).
I think it might be because they affiliate themselves (or used to) with quite a few car forums. And if peolple got crap service they are more likely to be vocal about it. They didn't do themselves many favours mind.

Much like Admiral, I've heard a few bad things about them, but I've been insured with them for years and they've been unbeatable.

sky insurance

Advanced Member
Riz said:
I think it might be because they affiliate themselves (or used to) with quite a few car forums. And if peolple got crap service they are more likely to be vocal about it.

That old Chestnut. We've had a customer chasing around a forum for a few years.. when I eventually tracked him down and found his details, it turned it he'd called for a quote when he was aged 17, on a Skyline and he lived in Central Manchester. Not really surprising we no quoted him.

Riz

Advanced Member
sky insurance said:
That old Chestnut. We've had a customer chasing around a forum for a few years.. when I eventually tracked him down and found his details, it turned it he'd called for a quote when he was aged 17, on a Skyline and he lived in Central Manchester. Not really surprising we no quoted him.
What I'm talking about isn't an isolated incident though. Not that you need to get defensive as you have a very good reputation afaik.

JezW

Advanced Member
I made some more calls today.

£650 A-plan (They called me this morning, after seeing this thread)
Keith Michaels can't beat £545 so didn't bother quoting.
£525 Sky :)
£650 "Prestige Keep Moving" - They're going to try to get it lower and will call me back tomorrow.

So...It's looking like Sky or Greenlight. Both policies would be underwritten by Markerstudy and have an excess of £350. I assume all the Ts & Cs would be the same between the two as it's the same underwriter?

Adrian Flux excess is £500 with an underwriter called Equity Redstar, who I've never heard of.

Hey Neil...how about a price match with Sky? ;)

tico_87

Advanced Member
I dont know if your dc5 has had any engine mods or not but greenlight do not charge when going in the kpro direction (if you haven't already)